Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

Your controversial opinions

SWSH also did the whole TM thing better compared to SV by effectively making a compromise. The lesser but still useful moves like the Elemental Punches, U-turn, Draining Kiss, Mystical Fire, etc were turned into reusable TMs while the more powerful and useful moves like Flamethrower...
  2. CynthiaLover

Here's a hot-take: Sword/Shield are better games than Scarlet/Violet. Yes, they are the pinnacle of railroading, and you can't see any shinies on the overworld, but I like the fact that there is an actual direction the games follow, the cast I feel are more interesting (with a ton of character...
  3. CynthiaLover

Here's a hot take: I LIKE Emboar and I LIKE Fire/Fighting. The type offers some unique traits that you don't see too often elsewhere. Plus, only Starters have had the type combo, so that makes it more interesting to me. On the subject of Emboar, for starters (see what I did there), it has a...
  4. CynthiaLover

That Staraptor is better than Talonflame even before the Gale Wings nerf. While I do like Talonflame, as I love falcons, and it was good of GF to actually do something more interesting with the early route bird Mon, I find it rather weak. I mean, all its stats are pretty much equal (70s to 80s)...
  5. CynthiaLover

I agree with you. Digimon and Monster Rancher have been shuffling the cast of Mons around for quite some time and no one's really made a big deal of it. While certain "staples" have remained, like the core 6 in Monster Rancher (Mocchi, Tiger, Hare, Suezo, Golem, and Pixie, with a few exceptions...
  6. CynthiaLover

I'm actually inclined to agree with you here. I may be a avid Gen 5 fan, but I won't ignore its faults. BW was the superior half of the generation. Not only did it have the best plot, but it also had many subplots and hidden messages intertwined into it. Like what Adler was trying to convey to...
  7. CynthiaLover

That's another major gripe I've had with the Johto Gym Leaders, which also ties into my "lack of Johto Mons in Johto" bit. Why in blazes did half of the Gym Leaders not have a single Johto Mon on their teams baffles me. Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, and Chuck all had only Kanto Mons as their teams. And...
  8. CynthiaLover

He's still a jerk for 80% of the story, and it takes him to pretty much Kanto to actually show some decency, so that means he's a jerk rival. Sure, he gets character development, but that doesn't excuse his hypocritical actions for most of the game. He acts just like Team Rocket, who he...
  9. CynthiaLover

I saw this coming a mile away. Because Silver is part of the "jerk rival" archetype that everyone seems to adore. I hate jerk rivals. Jerk =/= better rival. Jerk rivals are totally overrated and I don't understand the fandom's obsession with them. Rivals like Barry, Cheren, Bianca, and Hugh...
  10. CynthiaLover

This is going to be a very hot take but here goes... HGSS suck and don't deserve their "sacred cow" status. The level curve is atrocious, the Mon distribution is terrible, there is a noticeable lack of Johto Mons IN Johto, the TM distribution is horrid, the story is meh at best, the rival is...
Back
Top Bottom