Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Meh, I'm willing to trust a 7 or higher review on a game over something like a movie critic's review on certain movies. Some people I know elsewhere feel that a 7 is a "B" when it comes to game reviews, something that I agree with. The fact that these games have scored mostly 7-9 is still a good...
  2. CynthiaLover

I was actually just about to watch NintendoLife's review when you quoted me, as I had missed that review at first. The reviewers I saw did acknowledge the complaints you mentioned, like lack of Platinum content and the chibi models, so it wasn't total praise. But they generally do feel the games...
  3. CynthiaLover

Okay, I've been looking into the reviews of these games via Youtube. The reviews shown are pretty positive, with the lowest score so far being 7/10 while the highest I've seen is 9/10. I consider that a good sign. The reviews also noted that, unlike past games in recent years, these games don't...
  4. CynthiaLover

@Zombijoe I agree with @Daren on this. If you never played Platinum then you really won't miss the content in it. Plus, there are some traces of Platinum in BDSP. You can still catch all the Mons in the Platinum Dex before the E4, albeit in the Grand Underground, so that does expand the Dex to...
  5. CynthiaLover

I'm aware of that. I'm just pointing out that, from what we know so far, EXP Candies may not be a thing in BDSP. We're free to speculate if they are or aren't, that's perfectly fine. I was using the Underground as a form of that, as we don't know if EXP Candies, or even TMs, are able to be mined...
  6. CynthiaLover

I need to point out something: we don't know if EXP Candies are in these games or not. From what we've seen so far they aren't and even if they are there isn't any real reliable way to farm them outside of maybe the Underground. But even then they won't be nearly as plentiful as Sword/Shield, as...
  7. CynthiaLover

Hmm... putting TMs in the Underground would be a rather good way to keep TMs from being one-per-file again. It would also make the Underground more useful and support exploration. If not then I hope you can just simply buy more at certain PokeMarts or even special markets and not restrict them...
  8. CynthiaLover

Damn, TMs are single-use again. That's bit of a bummer. But hopefully you can gain multiples as easily as TRs in Sword/Shield, unlike when they were largely one-per-file in the past. If that's the case, then fine, I can live with it. Still not super happy about it but it is what it is. So...
  9. CynthiaLover

Thank you, Arceus! HMs are a thing of the past! Granted, when I first saw the HM moves I got a bit worried. I thought that it was back to the same old song and dance with HMs again. Not to mention the PC had a Bibarrel in the party in one shot so that alarmed me for a moment. Then the lightbulb...
  10. CynthiaLover

I must admit I was getting a bit worried about these games. But thanks to this Direct I've put a lot of my concerns at ease. I'm actually really looking forward to these games now. And we get a free Manaphy egg to boot? Nice! The games look a lot more polished now, which is a very good thing...
  11. CynthiaLover

I agree. Right on the head. We need more info to better judge the games. While I have mixed feelings about these games off the bat, as they may turn out the way I'm dreading, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and wait until further information is revealed. And it didn't stop me from going to...
  12. CynthiaLover

Alright, fair enough. But they still scream spin-off to me because of my previous statements. Hot, stinking, Kanto-worshiping, GO garbage spin-offs. But the fact remains that they weren't made to be compatible with other main series due to the fact they were not only Gen 7 games, which existed...
  13. CynthiaLover

Considering GF themselves called them a "bridge" between GO and the main series, I highly doubt they are "true" main series games like Sword/Shield. Especially given the previously mentioned heavily stripped down nature of them. That just screams spin-off. Besides, they're just another Kanto...
  14. CynthiaLover

Well, the thing about LGPE is that it's a spin-off (or a "bridge", according to GF prior to Sword/Shield's reveal), and spin-offs usually don't connect to the main series games unless they have some sort of bonus, like the Manaphy egg, or were a stadium-like platform such as Battle Revolution...
  15. CynthiaLover

Something interesting came to mind. Will these games have full connectivity with Sword/Shield? Or will they suffer the same consequences that XY and ORAS had with limited connectivity? Also, will the additions in Sword/Shield make it over to these games like TRs and Nature Mints? Or will it be...
  16. CynthiaLover

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it's nice to see that after all this time DP remakes are real. I was actually starting to doubt it. However, at the same time, these remakes are feeling like everything I was dreading about DP remakes. That they'll be super faithful to the...
Back
Top Bottom