Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I ran into a shiny Croagunk in the Great Marsh today. You can probably guess where this is going. If not, here's an aid. Chucks Safari Ball. Wiggle... Wiggle! Wiggle!!! Pop!!! Flees... Safari Zones are evil enough as it is, let alone when the hopeful catch is a freakin' shiny. I can only...
  2. CynthiaLover

Welp, the RNG gods really had fun with me today. I started a run of HG, with a Quirky Cyndaquill, and set out. But as fate would have it, I had, not one, but TWO "FUUUUUU" moments, all within the first 35 minutes of gameplay. I had just beaten my soon-to-be rival and was heading back to Prof...
  3. CynthiaLover

Running into a shiny Bidoof within the first 15 minutes of a new Platinum run... and I didn't have any Poke Balls to use. I was just moments away from the infamous "catching tutorial" part of all Pokemon games, and it HAD to show up then. I sadly had to KO it for EXP, since there was nothing...
  4. CynthiaLover

The Great Marsh today in Platinum was just evil to me. Pure evil. While my luck is never super, I don't normally have this much trouble in the Great Marsh. It took 12 soft-resets and half a day to meet the blasted 5 Mon quota to get the kissy-kissy Matchup Checker app. The Yanma there were...
  5. CynthiaLover

This is a double FUUUU moment for me. To start things off, in my recently restarted spare Y version (I wanted a change of pace, plus having a cold means I have a lot of free time on my hands), I was searching for a Mawile in Glitter Cave, as it was the last one on my list to catch. All I ran...
  6. CynthiaLover

Sweet lordie, that Mon is a team wrecking machine. I hear ya there. I can't count how many times that thing has demolished me. I've only beaten it once in all my online battles, all because of a lucky critical I got with a last-ditch Surf. I was still demolished anyway that day, but I finally...
  7. CynthiaLover

Four words: Audino, Attract, Secret Power. Considering that Audino is what you'd call a pinata enemy in BW/B2W2 (due to the high EXP yield), and are very easy to find for quick grinding, at higher levels they can be menaces when they combine Attract with a sleep-inducing Secret Power. I've used...
  8. CynthiaLover

While filling up slots in my National Dex in AS, I was trying to raise a Tyrouge to become a Hitmonlee. However, even with the use of leftover vitamins, I kept getting Hitmonchans instead as the Defense stat would suddenly jump up at the last level each and every time. And do note that I wasn't...
  9. CynthiaLover

Double Slap and Fury Swipes are becoming a major pain in my Gen V runs. They don't have great accuracy or power, but whenever my OPPONENT uses it, it always hits, most of the time ending up as critical hits for each individual strike, sometimes in a row, and it always hits 5 times, even if the...
  10. CynthiaLover

Audino in my White replay. Simply put, Attract and Double Slap spammers. Attract ALWAYS hits the mark, and Double Slap ALWAYS hits five times and ALWAYS hits, no matter the accuracy changes. I can't count how many times I've fallen victim to those two moves on their own, let alone combined. And...
  11. CynthiaLover

A double FUUUUU moment this time around. For starters, still having zero luck in the Safari Zone in Yellow. I've been unable to catch anything, and I mean ANYTHING, since last time, forcing me to SR several times in hopes of better luck. But everything is on a hair-trigger, making it next to...
  12. CynthiaLover

Here's my most recent FUUUUU moment. In the VC Yellow (I downloaded it around midnight last night as I was having a bad case of insomnia), I was searching for a Pidgeotto in Veridian Forest. Found nothing, so I stuck with the Pidgey I had. As fate would have it, I finally ran into a Pidgeotto...
  13. CynthiaLover

Finding a shiny Hawlucha in the FS WITH its hidden ability. Why is this a FUUU moment? Well, first I tried using a Quick Ball, which failed, so I went with Plan B: Will-O-Wisp. Will-O-Wisp is my usual weakening move when catching lower level Pokemon, which almost always works. I was all set to...
  14. CynthiaLover

Running into a shiny Excadrill and accidentally KOing it with Will-o-Wisp's burn damage due to the bloody thing not staying in ANY Ball for more than half a shake! *weeps*
  15. CynthiaLover

In another Platinum run, I was in the Great Marsh trying to meet the 5 Mon quota so I could get that annoying app from the cowgirl. The problem: Quagsire. I wasted more than HALF of my Safari Balls on that bloody mud fish whatever! I ended up hating it. I had no trouble getting the rarer Mons...
  16. CynthiaLover

Replaying Diamond recently for fun (since I managed to find it after losing it before the move four years ago). After getting the first 5 Poke Balls from Dawn, I ran into a Shinx... that broke out of three of those five balls. I KOed it out of fury. Honestly, there should be a rule that the...
  17. CynthiaLover

Your guess is as good as mine. Considering how my luck with shinies is so dismal (even WITH a Shiny Charm AND the Friend Safari, combined), the odds of me running into two shinies in one horde that would happen to contain enemies must be pretty substantial. Guess shinies just hate me, or maybe...
  18. CynthiaLover

Well... this is a double FUUUU moment for me. I ran into a Durant horde that also had one Heatmor. The thing was, one of the Durants was a Shiny, as was the Heatmor. So I got two Shinies in the same horde. The bad news... the Heatmor takes out the Shiny Durant first with one move, then the other...
  19. CynthiaLover

Same thing happened to me today, only it was reversed: Shiny Zangoose in Seviper Horde. Needless to say what happened after that. *sigh*
  20. CynthiaLover

I recently restarted my X version because I was bored and wanted to play it again for whatever reason I had. After doing the whole note bit in the start, just before I get to Serena's demonstration (the whole "how to catch a Pokemon" bit), the first encounter I have is... A SHINY PIDGEY!!! And...
Back
Top Bottom