Search results for query: *

1. Daren

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Honestly the workshop rules are vague on cursing, and the example the rules give for an E-rated story has an F-bomb in it.
  2. Daren

There were numerous small sites, plus a few larger ones (FF.net, of course, also places like thepokemontower.com, Cori Falls site had guest fics too, if I recall). Very decentralized while nowadays it seems like most of the prominent stories are ff.net and/or archive of our own (aside from forum...
  3. Daren

In the original series era there was Pokémon Master, which I think was also the first major darkfic and quite influential at the time (I think one of the writing tips threads here mentioned it for a while), but I don't see it brought up much nowadays. Nowadays though...well, I'm not even an MLP...
  4. Daren

Absolutely. In one case for an original story I ended up realizing the prequel would be vastly larger and more complicated than the original story.
  5. Daren

Isle of Armor was months ago, but I thought everyone at the dojo had some and there was no effect; I assume it only effects Pokémon capable of Gigantimax and does nothing to humans or other Pokémon.
  6. Daren

It can be hard to come up with a strict divider; does a character who appears in a single episode of a 100 episode series but has a major plot effect count as a supporting character, or not? What about someone who has a lot of appearances but really doesn't do much? At the end of the day I think...
  7. Daren

I guess my quick version would be: is this person fairly prominent but not one of the characters the narrative focuses on? Than they're probably a supporting character. I admit it can feel like a bit of an "I know it when I see it" scenario.
  8. Daren

You may well have considered this, but you could make it a Mystery Dungeon fic that goes more into the difficulty of adjusting to their new form. If you'd prefer a normal Pokémon setting you could have someone who is affected by some sort of transporter accident like Bill in R/B/Y, or even a...
  9. Daren

I just put them up when they're ready rather than have a schedule.
  10. Daren

Happy birthday, @unrepentantAuthor! Hope you're having a nice one!
  11. Daren

Yep, humans have a mixed reputation in the setting and there is definitely a pretty large group feeling that they shouldn't be brought back. However, since a number of Pokémon species were returned from extinction by humanity there's another group thinking they're owed it... The debate as to...
  12. Daren

Something unusual for me has happened; an idea for a short story set in the same universe as my current Pokémon fanfic intruded on me and I wrote a few sentences as a sort of cold opening and sent it off to my brother, who thinks I should finish it. Specifically, my fic takes place in a Mystery...
  13. Daren

In my case I do some rough drafts--not full chapters, but write out some scenes and plot outlines--then decide which one I think I'd most enjoy writing.
  14. Daren

Honestly, this will sound silly but one of my favourite changes in DX is that your partner still follows you around in the post-game now. It always seemed strange to me that a large amount of the story had the close friendship between them as a theme, then they vanish in the end and basically...
  15. Daren

This month and late last month have been unusually busy in terms of game releases I'm interested in but I've put a good bit of time into Rescue Team DX (I was actually planning to replay the original this year before it was announced).
  16. Daren

Hmmm, I think I'd go with the latter option, myself, to really drive the point home (three on one isn't enough unless they cooperate well), though it depends on what sort of "power scale" the setting uses.
  17. Daren

I do have plans to write stories set in an original fiction fantasy setting. It's pretty far on the backburner at the moment but I've already done a lot of planning on the first major story and the setting.
  18. Daren

Interesting question! In my case I always come up with a rough idea for a story first, then build the world based off what I need for that story to work. I start with the most basic details needed for the story, then fill in smaller bits that make the world feel more interesting and alive...
  19. Daren

That's a theme I'm touching on, too; my current story in the works has a few references to Pokémon whose powers haven't develop properly, a couple are recurring characters as well.
  20. Daren

I'd be interested. I've never played a tabletop RPG myself but I like reading about sessions.
Back
Top Bottom