Search results for query: *

1. Daren

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

I'm personally a fan of the concept; a supernatural creature as a partner/servant is a good shorthand for "sort sort of magic user" and questions like "does the wizard choose the familiar or the familiar choose the wizard" can say a lot about the setting or involved characters.
  2. Daren

A "set of monsters" like you mentioned.
  3. Daren

It depends why they are there. If they're just living there then the monsters should fit the area and the former probably makes sense unless the dungeons are similar (all in caves, all in forests, etc.). On the other hand a standardized set would make sense if they're minions of some villain...
  4. Daren

First, you need the URL of the post. Get this by clicking on the post's date/timer at the top of it (it'll say something like "three minutes ago", "Monday", or an exact date depending on how long ago the post was). You can just right click then select copy link location as the quickest way...
  5. Daren

This is what I was thinking, honestly. @Nitro Indigo, do you mean they have normal animals to stuff? I'd find that fairly normal, at least.
  6. Daren

Thanks a bunch! I like those suggestions.
  7. Daren

I've run into an issue where I need to find good terms to separate Pokémon living similar to the ones we see in Mystery Dungeon (houses, towns, currency, "don't eat other Pokémon" as a general conduct rule) from those acting basically like wild ones. My first thought and placeholders are just...
  8. Daren

Yeah, PMD is very pre-modern (except maybe the TMs) world. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the letters you get with missions are dictated at the post office or somewhere else. Although Meowth using a book to help teach himself to talk suggests he was already literate, oddly enough. I'm not...
  9. Daren

I've actually been wrestling with this myself. Pencils and pens probably exist and could be used pretty easily by a number of Pokémon. Those who don't have the right body shape (like Seviper having a customized "save Zangoose" letter in the first game) probably either have friends write for them...
  10. Daren

Based off the information here I would show the end of the mission to help set up characterization, but not the entire thing.
  11. Daren

The better/smarter Ash thing has that one variant where he simply doesn't reset between regions (DP was the first time I specifically recall people thinking he lost skill between arcs though it's reputation skyrocket later--it wasn't nearly as well liked during it's run). Those I think are...
  12. Daren

If I recall correctly at least one old Roguelike explained it as the dungeons being positively massive--the area isn't changing, but you're exploring different parts whenever you enter. Something similar to that is probably the easiest explanation, at least for caves and forests.
Back
Top Bottom