Search results for query: *

1. Daren

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Several of his Pokémon appeared more recently in SuMO with no flashbacks; Bulbasaur, Muk, Taurus, Squirtle, and we saw a Corphish and Totodile that were likely his. Charizard was coming back as a full traveling companion; they don't need a huge introduction for a Pokémon coming back to battle...
  2. Daren

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Why do they need flashbacks? The series already established Ash is an experienced trainer. Kids aren't stupid, if he sends out a Pokémon that hasn't appeared before they can figure out it's one he caught in the past.
  3. Daren

I'll be honest, I thought when I checked a few days ago that Unova's first Gym was much later than that. I also didn't look at the OI or Battle Frontier since I consider them continuations of their respective series' rather than new ones.
  4. Daren

This is distinctly possible. I feel the marketing for this new series has been very awkward. * Just to put all my cards on the table, I don't mind the idea of Mimey being used by Ash as long as there's a good explanation, but I have trouble thinking of a good enough reason to use Mimey when Ash...
  5. Daren

:bulbaFacepalm: I guess there is a tiny possibility we'll get a good reason for Ash to do this but at this point episode 9 is going to have to lift like Atlas to keep me interested in this.
  6. Daren

Like pokepal_123 said it's not confirmed Mimey is the surprise Pokémon. Just looking more likely. I'll save full thoughts on the matter until we learn if and why.
  7. Daren

I sort of suspected that. We saw Scorbunny fighting in the preview so my earlier suggestion it might be Ash's Mystery Pokémon might come true. Edit: So I found the subtitled preview and it says to "bring two Pokémon" so Scorbunny might just fight and lose in the first round, too.
  8. Daren

I suspect if he reached the final round to face Ash the summary would have focused more on that, but I could be wrong. The summary focusing on his first battle but mentioning Ash sweeping through makes me think that similarly to Ash's silliness being played up to contrast Gou they're also going...
  9. Daren

Of all those the only one I could really see appearing here is Sceptile due to starter popularity+episode set in Hoenn. The lack of Sceptile promotion is an issue, though if an old Pokémon appears for just one episode (it's possible we'll be seeing reserves pop up for battles but not anything...
  10. Daren

A brief analysis on the "Mystery Pokémon" and other elements of this episode based off the cast list and preview. I am assuming they didn't leave any of the voice actors out to surprise people; so I'll only look at Ash's Pokémon with a confirmed VA. I will note that Unshō Ishizuka's death...
  11. Daren

Might still be spoiled by a later preview like the Alola League outcome, though.
  12. Daren

I suspected pretty much from the start the supposed appeal to older fans (does anyone remember where that came from though? There's been a lot of discussion about it but I don't remember the original source) could end up being shallow; I'm wise to the ways of hype marketing (where you hint...
  13. Daren

It does look like Gou's other captures are getting a bit of screen time, which is nice. Looks like the antagonist trainer has a Hariyama, Mightyena, and maybe Tailow? The Tailow might not be his. I suspect that Pidgeot cameo in 6 is a coincidence but it would be an interesting plot twist. I...
  14. Daren

Yeah, I wasn't expecting them for the first battle themed episode either. I think that Charizard seems the most likely reserve to me. He was on the poster and TPCI loves him. This would make sense. From a writing standpoint it would be silly to go with another soft reset after winning a...
  15. Daren

Delia doesn't need to appear; Ash could just says he phoned her to ask permission without showing it. I think that's been evident for a long time. Or (more likely, I think) they don't care.
  16. Daren

There are a few possibilities. Off the top of my head: *Typing or other factors make Pikachu a poor choice. Last opponent could be a ground type or something with Volt Absorb. If he's against, say, a Dugtrio, then Corphish would be a better option even if he's not stronger than Pikachu. *Using...
  17. Daren

Yeah, I considered this as well. Imagine if the cast list has VA's for Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Swellow, and Glalie and they're all just random opponents in the tournament or Ash calling Oak, says hi to them, then hangs up.
  18. Daren

This mirrors my opinion perfectly. It's possible they could come up with a good reason for Ash to use Mimey, but even then I think it'll feel more like an attempt to surprise people but trying to keep inter-series continuity weak, in the series with the least reason to do that. If it ends up...
  19. Daren

Do you have a link to the confirmation?
  20. Daren

Thanks for sharing the link. It's an interesting idea and I could potentially see it happening.
Back
Top Bottom