Search results for query: *

1. Daren

World Championships in the anime

I think that part of Leon's backstory is fairly likely to come up (though not guaranteed), especially if Ash does win the WC (in the same way he followed Sun/Moon's protagonist in becoming the first Alola champion). Leon appearing so early (and getting a second appearance not long after) makes...
  2. Daren

Ever since it was decided Ash was eternally ten years old that's been an issue that would eventually come up (unless the show just petered out without a proper ending), though as you mentioned it's also from the games. I sort of think another issue more exclusive to the anime is the "power...
  3. Daren

Something that's occured to me. Most of the people who make it to the tournament are likely to be Champions and other older trainers, but Ash is ten. That's seems like it would be attention-grabbing. I wonder if this will be acknowledged when the tournament starts? It's fun those few times we...
  4. Daren

I agree it's possible--this series has been structurally unusual--but I feel like if Gou was doing a Gym challenge the idea would have been floated already, and the marketing focused on him specializing in captures while Ash is trying to become the strongest battler. Still this series has been...
  5. Daren

It could be interesting to see one of Ash's companions doing the Gym quest instead now that he's focusing on something bigger, though I don't think it's too likely for Gou--20 episodes in is a bit late to start a badge quest.
  6. Daren

I think it's safe to say he'll get his rematch with Leon, or it would render making that Ash's main goal pointless. That means he gets to the Masters rank. Will he beat Leon, though? That's harder to say but I'm leaning towards yes. Leon isn't the same as the previous league roadblocks. He's a...
  7. Daren

It's all about timing. We watched Ash go through over twenty years to get to this point--it would be incredibly jarring if Gou gets that good in only three, especially when battling isn't even his primary goal. There's also the narrative reasons I mentioned in my previous post--why create two...
  8. Daren

Gou having some ranked battles is one thing, but I simply do not see him making it to Master's for two reasons. First, he should realistically stand zero chance. He's a rookie and one focused mostly on filling his dex and finding Mew. Getting into Master class should mean taking on trainers...
  9. Daren

I need clarification before I can respond; do you just mean Gou having some ranked battles or are you talking about him reaching the Master class and participating in the eight trainer elimination tournament?
  10. Daren

Yeah, but that was a big contributing factor to it feeling like they just handed Ash an easy league to win instead of him finally improving enough.
  11. Daren

By "making it in" I mean "Reach the Master class and enter the tournament".
  12. Daren

This is a competition to determine the world's best. A newbie should have no chance of winning or even making it in--if Gou is able to qualify it would diminish Ash's two decade journey to this point.
  13. Daren

Right, that is true--I suppose the sharp line between the end of XY and the start of SuMo clouded my consideration (compared to the transition in previous series'). I guess we might have an idea when we finally get an Alola episode announced.
  14. Daren

Ash. There is zero chance they'll have Gou defeat Leon when that's Ash's goal for this series, it would make Gou the series' greatest Marty Stu if he did it instead.
  15. Daren

This is what I'm wondering. Kanto tends to get special treatment so I think it's possible we'll get callbacks to it but nothing from Johto onward. (Also you deserve credit for the term Kanto-nuity) I'm a bit worried we'll get something like the Tobias battle where some come back after a decade...
  16. Daren

I was about to write about this. I think he'll likely have off-screen and partly off-screen battles through the series, like his version of Gou's fast captures.
  17. Daren

One concern of mine is the show being more episodic might mean we don't get larger battles--they used the whole "one episode to introduce the opponent, second for a battle" thing to good effect with Gym leaders so we could get three on three battles pretty regularly.
  18. Daren

Right. Even ignoring the Kanto Gym leaders he didn't beat (the most likely to show up since Kanto gets the most attention), we also post-game facilities bosses from after gen 3 (he did battle Palmer though), various Elite Four and Champions, I think BW2 Gym Leaders (didn't play gen 5 so I can't...
  19. Daren

I think setting up Leon as the strongest in the world (at least according to the preview summary for episode 12) then having Ash beat him only to lose to someone right after would feel a bit like a cop-out, myself, without a really good explanation. I also don't think they'd do it after Sun/Moon...
  20. Daren

When I was staring at the ceiling last night a thought occurred to me. Traditionally there's the whole "eight gyms to enter the league" rule. The World Championship works differently, of course. However the first match we're seeing for the qualification bracket is a psuedo gym battle in Kanto...
Back
Top Bottom