Search results for query: *

1. Daren

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

I was not expecting to appear but I definitely wasn't expecting
  2. Daren

I think they're ignoring the league kickers who didn't have any further role in the story; I don't believe we saw Tobias or Harrison either and I wouldn't put money on Tyson next week.
  3. Daren

I personally doubt we'll see his old companions en masse if he loses: I could be wrong but that's what my gut says. Similar to how Oak and Delia stopped coming to his league matches after the original series until he won in Alola.
  4. Daren

It's definitely a bizarre decision to bring Alain back just to get worfed by Leon. @Ghost Diplocaulus theory is the best I can guess right now assuming Alain doesn't do anthing now that he's been Yamcha'd out of the tournament, and I do remember early on people were claiming Leon only won vs...
  5. Daren

Yajima seems to have moved onto the films after XY, so maybe he's being thrown a bone since those are on hold due to Corvid?
  6. Daren

The weird thing about the lack of AG characters is that Hoenn itself is reasonably well represented: https://twitter.com/TBlader497/status/1520066247613980672
  7. Daren

So I did the math and unless I made a mistake even if Ash had a full battle with every member of the Master Eight and he never uses a Pokémon twice (so he uses 42 Pokémon) he actually still has just a few too many for everyone to get used, and that's if you cut out ones that aren't either with...
  8. Daren

It seems at least Iwane remembers Max existed: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1513145659238785036 May not mean much but maybe he'll get a cameo at some point while we're on this reunion spree.
  9. Daren

Especially when Jessie and James kissed Ash back in Kanto but nobody says they have to be left out because of it! ;) Seriously, though. They've been willing to ignore all sorts of things from previous series', not sure why the kiss is seen as a huge deal when the show was fine with stuff like...
  10. Daren

I thought there was an interview where one of the staff mentioned they wanted to bring everyone back but I can't find it and might be misremembering. May seems to have issues but I suspect they might use Serena for the inevitable Sylveon episode.
  11. Daren

I think Serena still has a good chance but based off Dogasu's article I sadly don't hold out much hope for May. Maybe a silent cameo is the best we could hope for.
  12. Daren

OI Drake had an important roe in Ash's Gen 1 story despite his limited appearances, plus he was involved in Ash's first full battle and gave us the first time we got to see a Dragonite in battle; a big event back when it was statistically the second most powerful Pokémon in the world (tied with...
  13. Daren

I agree, but I also don't see that stopping the writers; characters get unsatisfying conclusions all the time; Pokémon get suddenly removed for no real reason just to clear space (like Ambipom or Pidgeot) and plot lines just get dropped.
  14. Daren

Why do they have to do either? They could just ignore it entirely. The show is very experienced at ignoring past events.
  15. Daren

I think it's just because XY seemed to be the most standalone series (didn't the director even comment on that at some point?) with minimal older characters appearing.
  16. Daren

Honestly, it's a bit weird we seem to be going in reverse chronological order...except Serena was skipped. We got an Alola reunion, then Iris, now Dawn. Whether it's just a coincidence or not is currently unknown. I suppose considering Serena's popularity they might want to save her for in...
  17. Daren

I agree, and now that they've more or less broken the moratorium on him defeat trainers of that tier I think it's likely enough. I wonder which one it could be, though? Loreli could be nice callback to his first E4 match (I wonder if the dub would still call her Prima or not :unsure:).
  18. Daren

Oops, I really should have been more specific there! Basically, unless my memory has completely failed me Journeys hasn't visited the Orange Islands yet, but we've seen all the mainline game regions at least once (I think we've been everywhere except Alola at least twice?). I was just comparing...
Back
Top Bottom