Search results for query: *

1. Daren

Musings & Miscellaneous Articles (current: Legends: Arceus Thoughts)
    Threadmarks: Thoughts on Legends: Arceus after finishing (SPOILERS)

I haven't done all the post-game things, but I completed the dex, captured Arceus, and all that. I think it's safe to say PLA is the most experimental the main series has gotten since...well, at least gen 4, and quite possibly ever. I think a lot of these ideas were interesting, a few didn't...
  2. Daren

Threadmarks: Thoughts on The Mandalorian (major spoilers for season two!)

I wasn't joking turn back now if you haven't watched the end of season 2, but plan to.
  3. Daren

Threadmarks: Replaying Heartgold 1: Some thoughts

This is not going to be a small AAR like last time, just some commentary. *I picked Chikorita because I enjoy pain. The universe decided to oblige by giving him a -SpAt nature. His name is Darius and I love him. *My Heracross (Medb) was a bit unlucky and had the Timid nature, though she still...
  4. Daren

Threadmarks: Platinum Travel Log Day 8 (FINAL)

Day 8: Spear Pillar to End Marcus passed by a peaceful beach path (bar the trainers, of course) to reach Sunnyshore City, where he met a man named Flint, who introduced himself as a member of the Elite Four. He wants Marcus to defeat the local Gym Leader, Volkner, who had grown bored due to a...
  5. Daren

Threadmarks: Platinum Travel Log Day 7

Day 7: Lake Verity to Spear Pillar Editor note: I accidentally deleted a mention on day 6 that Ruby evolved. * Marcus crosses through the northern cave to Mt. Coronet—with Strength, a Hidden Machine he receives from Riley but forgot to mention—he is able to move aside massive rocks and make...
  6. Daren

Threadmarks: Platinum Travel Log Day 6

This was delayed for personal reasons I won’t go into, but I have not abandoned the project. Day 6: Celestic Town to Lake Verity Now able to conquer water--mankind’s old nemesis—Marcus begins a walkabout of previously visited areas, looking for anything helpful he could not reach beforehand...
  7. Daren

Threadmarks: Platinum Travel Log Day 5

Day 5: Pastoria City to Celestic Town Marcus decided to explore the Great Marsh. The first Pokémon he saw was a strange colored Yanma, but it fled. Overall it was a horrible experience. (HNNNNGH. Also the Marsh is so annoying; all the regular irritations of a Safari Zone but much slower...
  8. Daren

Threadmarks: Platinum Travel Log Day 4

Day 4: Solaceon Town to Pastoria City The road from Solaceon to Veilstone is long, with two routes. The first, route 210, is overgrown with very tall grass you can’t bike across. On this route a doube battle with a father-daughter pair ends with Athena evolving into Gabite! The road forked...
  9. Daren

Threadmarks: Platinum Travel Log Day 3

Day 3: Eterna City to Solaceon Town The Galactic Building has already been infiltrated by Looker, who tells Marcus each floor has two staircases, one of which is a trap. He finds the correct staircase on each floor is marked by a sign, but goes into the “fake” stairs to defeat as many...
  10. Daren

Threadmarks: Platinum Travel Log Day 2

Day 2: Jubilife City to Eterna City The next morning Marcus heads out east to route 203. He meets Barry, who challenges him to battle; Barry has also caught a Starly but the six to one advantage in Marcus’ favor proves decisive. Barry is shocked by his defeat and swears never to lose again. On...
  11. Daren

Threadmarks: Platinum Travel Log Day 1

My blog is getting significantly more views than expected. I'd like to thank all my readers! Here is the start of my first long term project; a semi narrative Pokémon Platinum travel log. When I first played Platinum all those years ago I sent some Eggs from my copy of diamond so have a form...
  12. Daren

Threadmarks: Random Reflections on Decades of Pokémon

Time has a funny way of creeping up on you. I still remember playing Pokémon Red for the first time on my birthday over two decades ago--it released just a few days beforehand. There was plenty of buildup--Nintendo Power promoted it, there were commercials all the time, and of course the anime...
  13. Daren

Threadmarks: My Gaming Influence: Ogre Battle

A number of people have some work that really influences their interests. In games we have things like Super Mario Bros. Final Fantasy, Doom, and (of course) Pokémon. One of mine was a somewhat more obscure title; the SNES game Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, released in 1993. Developed...
  14. Daren

Threadmarks: Historical Anecdote: Sun Quan

You may be familiar with China's "Three Kingdoms" period; it's been covered in various video games such as Dynasty Warriors or the recent Total War: Three Kingdoms, and has been covered in television shows, films, and more. It's the subject of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, one of the Classic...
  15. Daren

I've decided to make a blog. I find I have lots of things I'd like to write about, but they aren't worth making a topic for. Contents: 2: Historical Anecdote: Sun Quan 3: My Gaming Influence: Ogre Battle 4: Random Reflections on Decades of Pokémon 5: Platinum Travel Log Day 1 (links to later...
Back
Top Bottom