Search results for query: *

1. Daren

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

I thought of this yesterday but only now remember to post it, but is anyone else remembering Norman? He defeated Ash early in AG, then was the fifth Gym leader like in the games rather than a rematch one or two episodes later like most Gym defeats. Assuming the stadium scene in the intro means...
  2. Daren

Since it's a fighting dojo I'm wondering if there might be a fighting-types only rule? Hawlucha would be a good choice for one. I agree Farefetch'd should get a win. After Riolu beat him in 30 he needs something to avoid the rivalry (of sorts) from being one-sided.
  3. Daren

When will you learn, Ash? Whenever you say you're doing well you summon the irony police.
  4. Daren

Glad to see I'm not the only person who looked that up.
  5. Daren

The last time we saw reserves return en masse for battling was the Sinnoh league, but I can't recall if it was advertised ahead of time or not. Based off precedent if they're coming back I wouldn't expect it to happen before the last year or so. As soon as Riolu was confirmed I knew in my heart...
  6. Daren

It is (from what I've read) a real-world martial arts concept--it's disadvantageous to use more energy than necessary for any action. So it makes sense it would be brought up by a fighting-type leader.
  7. Daren

A scene from this episode where Bea speaks to Ash, a quick translation by AshandSerena. View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1293490886312042496 I've seen this martial arts trope before, at least in Dragon Ball.
  8. Daren

I guess Bea learned how to be a trainer from the same book as Damien. :p
  9. Daren

It's the reverse of skipping leg day. Leg day only, no items, final destination. I think he needs to do his "take over for someone else" schtick and get smacked down at some point for character growth--may as well be now.
  10. Daren

I guess it's either two on two or Riolu jumps in and takes Farfetch'd's (typing that is painful) place. I'm not sure why but I have a feeling it'll be a 0-2 blowout. EDIT: 1 on 1 up in the corner. I guess it's Riolu cutting in.
  11. Daren

Crazy idea; maybe Riolu getting defeated affects Ash because of some sort of Aura connection causing Ash to "feel" Riolu's disappointment very strongly, not just because of losing?
  12. Daren

Summary for 36 strongly implies Ash loses.
  13. Daren

It seems this is a PWC match, to no great shock: View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1290131414952763392
  14. Daren

I'm expecting Riolu to lose here, yeah. I seriously doubt they'll give Ash a completely unbroken streak from Leon to Leon and Riolu needs a loss to avoid seeming OP, per Eclipsical above.
  15. Daren

In the year 2045 they announce that the Sinnoh league was actually originally intended to end differently "in a way many people have suspected" but was changed due to executive mandate. However, a director's cut is announced. The only change is that instead of Darkrai and Latios, Tobias has a...
  16. Daren

The anime in particular also used a Charizard as Ash's most important in the Johto league and later the ace of the Kalos league winner (even having it beat the most popular Kalos Pokémon in the finals), and moved the battle frontier from Hoenn to Kanto. Kanto is the beginning, Kanto is the end...
  17. Daren

That's what I was thinking. I was going to say "but at least the finale is going to be a battle with Leon in Wyndon Stadium" but then I realized "maybe it'll take place at Indigo Plateau instead".
  18. Daren

I think the dojo in this episode was it.
  19. Daren

Just an idle thought but it could be interesting if Ash loses because he was planning to use Gengar or Dragonite, but then Riolu cuts in again and loses this time, kickstarting some character development for him
  20. Daren

Getting back to this episode, the big question is if this is going to be a battle or not. I actually have a feeling Ash either won't face her yet or might lose--there IS a tradition of that early Gym leader defeat, after all.
Back
Top Bottom