Search results for query: *

1. Daren

Your controversial opinions

Depending on how you define something as "open world" you could argue they were pretty common for PC RPGs by the 90s, and there were a number on consoles around that time as well (though a lot of them were not localized). A lot of those didn't have a Z axis, though.
  2. Daren

Yeah, personally DP were actually the first time I found myself actively annoyed by the writing due to the sudden uptick in meme-culture style comedy. The story itself was nothing special, either, even by video game standards, and came out not long after Mystery Dungeon gave us a Pokémon game...
  3. Daren

Everything is judged off when it came out and what preceded it. In film, the effects of Ray Harryhuasen aren't as realistic as what we can do today but he's still well regarded because they were stunning for the time. R/B/Y are very impressive for Gameboy RPGs, while Sw/Sh have less content and...
  4. Daren

Plus there's already been Pokémon that are very similar to each other, so a "new Pokémon only" rule either means the dex drops even farther from the old days or GF has to pump out tons of low quality space filler mon.
  5. Daren

Well, some people just don't work that way; I've personally never fallen in love with a Pokémon I'm only using because the one I actually wanted isn't available; necessity isn't going to make me suddenly like a design I found unappealing or the way it works in-game (there are some franchises...
  6. Daren

GameFreak isn't part of Nintendo. They've got games on Steam. Ed: That said I don't think GF is changing anytime soon because there's no incentive to.
  7. Daren

Was it almost dead? The release of new entries slowed down in the later 2000s but it still keeps getting releases (and expansion packs) at what I'd call a decent rate. Especially considering the company works on multiple series' and not just Nobunaga's Ambition.
  8. Daren

They're buggy, but a lot of the bugs aren't easy to notice. They're not at Bethesda levels of buggy. When I think of kusoge I think of something near wholly unenjoyable except maybe as a curiosity, like the legendary Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, something where things are obviously wrong...
  9. Daren

I don't see a kusoge series consistently pulling in these kinds of numbers.
  10. Daren

Plus there's always breeding starters, fossils, Eevee, and other rare or version exclusive Pokémon for trading or other purposes. I dunno, I still think a franchise that wants to do it's best to put in friendship themes and talk about love and trust shouldn't make replacing your party members...
  11. Daren

To some extent I'm not even sure it's necessary to make individuals of the same species unique with randomized elements (or in the case of EVs as good as randomized when you're going trough the story); how often are people catching multiple of a single Pokémon and giving them the same moves...
  12. Daren

I'm not a competitive player and I don't know the specifics, but my comment was based off a few posts about EL and earlier ones I'd read complaining about gen 1 and 2's capless system; if I had to guess it might be seen as slowing battles down a lot due to the bulk increase? Some of it was just...
  13. Daren

Interesting idea; I don't see too much discussion about it, but I think the third gen saw an increased emphasis on multiplayer; the EV and Nature systems definitely strikes me as something designed primarily for that rather than the main playthrough, especially before it was possible to reset or...
  14. Daren

Frankly I'm of the opinion any sort of timed exclusive in anything other than maybe an MMO is consumer-unfriendly garbage so I'm certainly no fan of most Mythicals.
  15. Daren

Johto Lance is so comically binary; the whole battle's difficulty is decided by whether or not you have something faster than his Dragonite trio that can one hit KO with an Ice move or not. Then the other half of his team is weak to Electricity. Edit: In theory the removal of badge bonuses makes...
  16. Daren

I also just hate how the EV/Nature system punishes Pokémon with balanced stats and leads to increased "rocket tag" gameplay.
  17. Daren

The major recurring complaints I've seen: *Further cutting of long-term features: "Set" mode was removed and there's not even a Battle Tower. *Bad post-game with not much except Raid battles to do. *Terrible performance and slowdown. *Buggy. I agree with a lot of your points but to be fair...
  18. Daren

At this point I'm really only hopeful for spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon rather than the mainline games. After what I've read about the S/V DLC I've pretty much written off the main series which is, frankly, starting to get a lot of competition as the wave of monster training games made by people...
  19. Daren

Eh, I'd argue the "it'll be good" part is at least somewhat controversial.
  20. Daren

You don't need to play the minigame to get the boosts in Sw/Sh (and I had repeatedly seen Pokémon I never took camping get them). According to bulbapedia Happiness berries trigger it, too.
Back
Top Bottom