Search results for query: *

1. Daren

Anime & Manga General Discussion

So I did a bit of research; Discotek's recent Digimon Adventure release runs 69.99 for 52 episodes and doing some research Funimation released the Dragon Box DBZ sets at a somewhat higher price range (69.98 for 42 episodes) At that range a full Pokémon release would be a very pricey collector's...
  2. Daren

Kanto had so much 90s sass, I loved it.
  3. Daren

The longer the show goes without Pikachu doing something important the more time the target audience has to consider that Raichu is vastly superior in the games, and that would be dangerous.
  4. Daren

I suspect they wanted him more easily available in case they wanted to have Ash use Mega Evolution in XY but they ultimately decided to keep to the tradition of no old Pokémon and we got Ash-Greninja instead.
  5. Daren

Farewell, Ash. Whether we cross again or not, farewell. I salute the one who never gave up, beyond perhaps the point of reason, for sometimes the struggle that seems without hope is that most worth continuing. :ayeaye:
  6. Daren

Had a Pokémon anime dream last night (I have few dreams about it so it stood out) that mostly weird because it was pretty normal except one detail; the TV was reporting on a fan poll of the best battle in the series and the winner was some random BF-era filler battle between Ash using Pikachu...
  7. Daren

Honestly, I think even AG and DP felt that way too; both had moments that would make a lot more sense with a newbie than a veteran of multiple leagues with numerous gym battles won.
  8. Daren

Well, that's a bit of a change from what we read in 2020.:sneaky: https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/features/translations/animedia_june2020_daiki_tomiyasu.html
  9. Daren

Dogasu brings information from Otomedia: https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1628011673889169414 Highlists: *Ash is forever ten, so don't expect to get a marriage confirmation or anything. *"That Pokémon everyone wants to see" will appear at the climax. My first thought was Greninja but...
  10. Daren

On the plus side I doubt this show's ending could possibly be as controversial as GoT's was.
  11. Daren

Has it even been confirmed the new series will be in continuity with Ash's adventure?
  12. Daren

I think there's sort of a sliding scale of ending finality, so to speak, and wonder where the show will fall. On one end you have what I call the "status quo" ending--there's not really a conclusion, just a place where it shops following them. A theoretical example would be Ash just going off...
  13. Daren

I imagine it'll be a forever unanswered mystery, joining the GS Ball's contents, Tobias' other Pokémon, and what Meowth was doing that caused the Giovanni fantasies.
  14. Daren

I'd almost love if they just be as over the top and trollish as possible: *GS ball is finally opened but all that's inside is a crumpled up wad of paper with somebody's grocery list. *Giovanni gets defeated off-screen by Gizelle and the Bug Catcher Samurai. *Pikachu evolves but is a Pikachu...
  15. Daren

I can't blame him; he just won the world championship and he's still getting shoved into a cage by the comedic villains he met on his first day.
  16. Daren

I actually would not be too surprised if they keep the TRio around in the new show as a sort of safety net (as far as I've read they've only specificed Ash and Pikachu's adventure is closing).
  17. Daren

Honestly I think the Orange Islands only count as filler in the most literal sense; that it was made because of GS being delayed. You couldn't just snip it out of the show and make everything still fit like you could with what are traditionally seen as filler episodes or arcs of shows.
  18. Daren

I haven't counted but I'm pretty sure it's Flying. He got at least one in every generation and multiple in some generations.
  19. Daren

That's a great scene...but why are they listing it as an Orange Islands episode?
  20. Daren

Pikachu, the one who actually beat Regice, has zero prominent victories throughout the four years of DP and is constantly being outdone by newer Pokémon, even ones like Piplup who aren't even battle focused. Ash couldn't even beat the first Gym Leader without taking ideas from Dawn and he loses...
Back
Top Bottom