Search results for query: *

1. Daren

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

With major news sites announcing Ash's win last time I imagine they figured playing coy was pointless because it would likely go wild on the internet again--and did, since the BBC is apparently reporting it.
  2. Daren

One week to go until the Masters Eight finale. Everyone who has a theory on the winner should lock in your bets now.
  3. Daren

Oddly enough his record VS Charizard isn't bad overall; he beat some back in Johto and AG and then Kiawe's at the end of Sun/Moon. But one particular Charizard tilted the numbers.
  4. Daren

It is kind of awkward that the finale of gen 8 is pretty much guaranteed to come down to two gen 1 Pokémon, though I think even if this isn't the actual series finale it's meant to be the climax of the whole series up to this point in a way even winning the Alola League wasn't (we see his...
  5. Daren

Dawn made it! I don't see any of the others, so maybe they're being kept hidden, or only she made it (possibly because of BD/SP), or we'll see brief shots of the others seeing it on TV. That Lucario and Sirfetch'd bit was pretty nice (I think the same happened back vs Crasher Wake when Pika...
  6. Daren

Yeah, part of why I suspect Eternatus is being used is that we've been told this is supposed to be the "ultimate battle", and how do you outdo the final opponent using a Legendary? The final opponent using an uber-tier Legendary (Groudon and Kyogre or Dialga and Palkia's level, basically).
  7. Daren

Okay, so a thought has occurred to me about the finals, tying into my theory that Ash's previous companions will arrive to cheer for him. This isn't really a prediction so much as a thought.
  8. Daren

[/spoiler]
  9. Daren

Unfortunately the anime really does lean hard into "hero" mon who need to be really strong and get multiple KOs in every major battle and that means designated fall guys, even in the climax battles you'd hope would be where the protagonists who have been followed for 3+ years get their chance to...
  10. Daren

Just like he lost to Cynthia? Edit: Ash may well lose to Leon, but people have been predicting he'd lose the next battle since the last Bea match. The writer shakeup after XYZ or whatever else changed the show's structure may very well have led to a new status quo of Ash shifting to a more...
  11. Daren

Gotta admit I am curious if a Mega Evolved Pokémon could also Dynamax...
  12. Daren

I don't know what odds I'd put on it, but the stated intent for this to be the ultimate battle doesn't make it too hard for me to imagine them giving Leon all three gimmicks, especially when a battle where both trainers use all three gimmicks is a hype-generator they may not have another chance...
  13. Daren

I don't put as much stock in the idea that beating Leon would force them to retire Ash since that used to be why people said he couldn't win a regional league. The other factor is that JN has had a strong focus on things intended to "go viral" and they saw in Alola that letting Ash win does...
  14. Daren

That's true, but I have a feeling he'll use it again instead of Maxing. Dynamax is a bit awkward because Ash's style is mostly about speed, and turning into a Kaiju is the opposite of that. There's also a theory that the "one gimmick" rule will not be used in the finals so Ash and Leon will...
  15. Daren

Yeah, I'll be amazed if we don't see Pikachu Z-Move VS Gigantizard. I've said before but I'll repeat; I expect Ash's old companions to come to cheer for him (or at least Brock and Misty). For the final outcome I lean to Ash winning. Leon's story in the game is tightly wrapped up in being...
  16. Daren

At the time those were the normal, not exceptions. OS, AG, and DP all let older Pokémon do things. Edit: I don't think it's really the same in the games; each one has a different protagonist so Ruby/Sapphire doesn't still have you playing as Red, having left everyone at home.
  17. Daren

For me, at least, I was hoping to see reserves because frankly a lot of them lose their last battle then Ash discards them, and it's at odds with his characterization in the first half of the series and makes the show's thesis that he loves Pokémon feel hollow. If so why does he barely spend...
  18. Daren

This might be where that song about Ash's feeling he can't reach the top of the championship comes on; he seems frustrated at points. Kind of funny that this is the most the reserves have done in years.
  19. Daren

I'm not sure there was much they could do to make it feel natural after Elite Four and Champions were made vastly stronger than mere league winners since the games don't really have any adaptable content to bridge that gap after the Battle Frontier stopped appearing.
Back
Top Bottom