• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Dieter

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Oh that definitely is! And with reason iirc Virgil was commissioned to write it and it's basically propaganda for the Roman Empire. The Trojan war was THE big myth/lore and by referring back to it, making allusion to it, etc, as well as writing the Aeneid in the trend of the Homeric epics, a...
  2. Dieter

Probably. It's especially a motif in certain Arthurian Romances (think ' Sir Gawain and the Green Knight' for example) and is always found in the opposing forces, who of course aren't pious Christian knights. Though of course, the Arthurian Romances aren't exactly consistent either, considering...
  3. Dieter

It's also the colour of magic/the supernatural/the faeries (not the cute ones, but the ones that do changelings and tricking and stuff and are occasionally nice and helpful) I was always thought blue was the very expensive colour and a symbol of wealth and status? Though I'm guessing that any...
  4. Dieter

I'd say that if you think they're a bit mean-spirited, maybe not use them. On the other hand, Amethyst doesn't always think things through and isn't the most empathic characters. I mean, she wouldn't deliberately pull a prank that's mean, but she is kinda insensitive at times. At least that's...
  5. Dieter

There's this post on Tumblr that tells you to sit down and write down one sentence, any sentence for a story you're working on at that moment. Every time you see it. Maybe try to do create some sort of rule like that for yourself and attach it to something you do often, so that every time you do...
  6. Dieter

No true indeed, summer is a slow time... But I thought there also were a lot more threads in general a couple weeks back, so that's why I was somewhat confused as well
  7. Dieter

completely unrelated, but does anyone know what's going on in the RP boards? Like, it's usually fairly quiet but now it also seems empty?
  8. Dieter

Pokerus can be kinda handy, I think (also, I somehow can't be bothered with supper training and with horde battles and the new Exp Share, 'traditional' training has become rather easy as well) Fear I can't help you with the Ditto, but did you get the shiny charm yet? Haven't gotten that myself...
  9. Dieter

I actually was looking for it myself a few weeks back and google was absolutely no help XD So it doesn't seem like there are any transcripts around (I did find however a shady page that supposedly contained a download link for AS) and lots of my search terms sent me to ORAS related pages...
  10. Dieter

Ok, so I have a quick question for everyone. My save file got corrupted and I lost everything I did in Alpha Sapphire since it was released. It was an accident, cause I'm clumsy (don't ask, it's almost embarrassing) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be have any use of transcripts of the...
  11. Dieter

well, I took inspiration from trainer classes for most of my characters, so that already somewhat dictates what kind of pokémon they have (though I can do whatever I want, and if I want one of my character's to have a pokémon that doesn't necessarily fit with the trainer class I based them on...
  12. Dieter

I... actually never noticed the writers here are predominantly male XD but the entire Pokémon fandom isn't mostly male either, is it? I thought it was fairly mixed... (well, at least when I look at my own social circles, the group of people who play Pokémon is fairly mixed) I also have a bit...
  13. Dieter

nope, it somehow never really appealed to me... one-shots are cool too! i just really like short stories XD they're sorta like dates, you spend some time with them, but there's no actual commitment, but it can still have depth i'll check out the stuff you guys linked asap, but i prolly should...
  14. Dieter

Too bad I don't own anything you can do things with with Amiibo, cause they're really cute :( Also, I've been meaning to read stuff you guys wrote for a long time now, but some things are kinda long and intimidating? How are you on short stories? (I guess I have commitment issues when it comes...
  15. Dieter

Thanks so much for your help ^^ I already send you a reply to your suggestions, though upon sending I realised I'd still forgotten a somewhat minor point. Can't be helped I guess XD Regarding the topic of cover art, really the only thing I would be able to think of is to look around on...
  16. Dieter

In that case, I'll formally post my request here XD Would anyone be willing to beta-read for me? There is no hurry, as I'm still wrapping things up/editing, but I should be done with that soon. My most important concern is whether or not the first chapter sets up the story well, as I want to...
  17. Dieter

Guys, quick question. What would be the best way to find a beta-reader? I checked out the beta-reading board, but that seems to have died a little... (the last post was from 2 years ago) Obviously, I would love to help with something in return
  18. Dieter

Shakespeare is great. Absolutely amazing. I like his works Sadly, lotso teachers seem to manage to make him boring... Which is stupid, cause his plays or full of humour. I mean, nowadays he's put on a pedestal, but his plays or full of sex jokes and such. Problem is that time isn't always kind...
  19. Dieter

I think they definitely could go to relatives or friends, at least initially. And it would also depend on the circumstances of the trainer's death as well as their age. As someone mentioned before, older trainers probably have a will, as well as people who know they're dying... What about the...
  20. Dieter

Doing the quiz made me realise that some of my characters have more in common with me than I thought. And I'm not certain whether that's good or bad XD (though to be honest, all characters I have that seem more introverted or soft-spoken seem more like me, so maybe it's also that I empathise...
Back
Top Bottom