Search results for query: *

1. Dogasu

The Rocket trio's lack of screentime in Sun & Moon is honestly kind of appalling

I think we’re just going to have to agree to disagree.
  2. Dogasu

The Rocket trio's lack of screentime in Sun & Moon is honestly kind of appalling

Why do their roles being different matter? Both are just as easily replacable. It probably sounds like I think that this saga will absolutely be the trio's swan song but, as I've said time and time again, I think the chance is actually about 50/50 and it's mostly for the reasons quoted above...
  3. Dogasu

You can say that now, but back in 2009 if you tried to say Takeshi was on his way out nobody would have taken you seriously. "He's untouchable," "he's never going away," "they already tried writing him out once, it didn't work," etc. The comparison works fine. They've been absent in over 40%...
  4. Dogasu

And yet...they were mostly MIA during the Let's Go! Pikachu / Let's Go! Eevee promotional period :cautious: People were saying that about Takeshi for years.
  5. Dogasu

The Rocket trio has won plenty in Sun & Moon, though, even with their abysmal amount of screentime. Caught two Alolan pokemon and befriended two others Beat out the Skull-Dan in getting a Z Crystal, got a Z Ring from Kuchinashi, and successfully pulled off several Z moves Helped send an Alolan...
  6. Dogasu

The Rocket trio isn't shoehorned into episodes any more than Mao or Suiren or Lillie or Mamane or Kaki or anyone else, really.
  7. Dogasu

Four episodes in a row! (and probably 5 since SM 101's going to be a continuation of SM 100) So my theory is that the TV show realized that it's about to be summer in the southern hemisphere so they decided to give the fans down there a taste of the Rocket-less summers that have become the norm...
  8. Dogasu

And, again, I don't have a problem with "smaller doses." But missing nearly half the series is way too far in the other direction. Anyway, the trio's missing from next week's episode as well. With the release of Let's Go! Pikachu / Let's Go! Eevee you'd think the trio would appear more, with...
  9. Dogasu

As of the Fukuthrow episode scheduled to air this week the Rocket trio will have been absent from 38 (39 for Musashi and Nyarth) out of 97 episodes. That's about 40% of the series. The show's actually been pretty consistent about keeping their appearance rate hovering at around 60% so it seems...
  10. Dogasu

By the way, at the moment the trio's been missing from 32 out of 80 episodes, meaning they've been absent 40% of the series.
  11. Dogasu

I just realized... The Rocket trio hasn't appeared in a single episode in June 2018 (SM078-080). They also didn't appear in a single episode in June 2017 (SM029-32). They missed most of July as well. These Rocket-less summers aren't any fun :(
  12. Dogasu

Well I never found the Rocket trio to be doing the same thing over and over or being nothing but plot devices so I disagree with the very premise of your question. I'm perfectly OK with them not appearing in every single episode, actually. But they should at least appear in 85% - 90% of them...
  13. Dogasu

Things have been better lately but they've still only appeared in a barely over 60% of Sun & Moon overall. For main characters that's pretty unacceptable.
  14. Dogasu

After this week's episode (SM 037) the Rocket trio will have officially not appeared in more than 50% of the Sun & Moon series.
  15. Dogasu

Their little scene in this week's episode, while nice, was really kind of shit from a screentime point of view. So disappointing. I hope that "emergency meeting" event thing being held here in Japan next week will shed some light on what the hell is going on with the Rocket trio in this series.
  16. Dogasu

I'm so glad we were both wrong! :) ...maybe? The TV staff knew that fans hated the BW trio but then when they returned four months later for Episode N they hadn't really changed. The fake-out didn't really do jack.
  17. Dogasu

So it's official: the Rocket trio will not be appearing in a single episode that's aired in June 2017. There's zero guarantee they'll be in the Yowashi episode either. *sigh*...
  18. Dogasu

Just to be clear, I don't have a problem with them not being in every single episode (I wouldn't mind it if they were, but I understand that not every story needs them either). But missing very close to 50% of the series is just going too far in the other direction. More frequent appearances is...
  19. Dogasu

So far, 30 episodes of Sun & Moon have aired in Japan. And so far, the Rocket trio's been missing from a whopping thirteen of them. They'll be absent from next week's episode as well. So, like, what the hell? It doesn't make sense for Sun & Moon to be this jokey gag show and yet not use its...
Back
Top Bottom