Search results for query: *

1. Dogasu

What are the chances that the Coronavirus causes episodes to be delayed or canceled?

I would not be even the tiniest bit surprised if the TV series has to end up going on another hiatus sometime this year, especially with the way the Japanese media's been panicking today about the recent spikes in the number of daily infections here in Tokyo. Movie 23 might end up coming out in...
  2. Dogasu

What are the chances that the Coronavirus causes episodes to be delayed or canceled?

No, it probably has more to do with how the two shows are recorded at two completely different recording studios; Pocket Monsters (2019) at Half H・P Studio, Yokai Watch Jam at L Studio. I'm betting it just boils down to one studio remaining open while the other's decided to close.
  3. Dogasu

As others have said, nobody, including the show's staff, knows how long this hiatus will last. Airing the first episode is likely just a "well, we gotta start our reruns somewhere, might as well be the first one" more than anything else.
  4. Dogasu

The show is not going to be on hiatus until 2022.
  5. Dogasu

The amount of promotion is much lower than it usually is at this time of year. I think it's now question of "when" the movie's getting postponed, not "if." I imagine OLM's just waiting until they've internally confirmed the details of the film's new release date.
  6. Dogasu

Japan is appallingly bad at handling this pandemic lol. I wouldn't put it past OLM to try to release the movie as scheduled as movie theaters are still open to the public, even now. Most of the film's competition has already rescheduled, though, so it really seems like only a matter of time...
  7. Dogasu

"Uh oh" what? That's just an article with a clickbait title that basically amounts to "Rica Matsumoto said some delays are happening, and Ms. Matsumoto works on Pokémon, so !!!!!!!!!!!!!" But, as others have pointed out in this thread, Rica Matsumoto has made it clear that she was not talking...
  8. Dogasu

Legally, the Japanese government cannot impose the same kind of lockdowns you see in countries like China or the U.S. This article from The Japan Times spells it out rather nicely. The article goes into more details about what the Japanese government can and cannot do, but the short version...
  9. Dogasu

Yeah, that's part of the reason the episode was aired in Japan with Aloe's original design; it was already being animated before the official reveal (and subsequent backlash to) of the older Sugimori art.
  10. Dogasu

As far as weekly TV animated series goes Pocket Monsters has one of the best schedules in the business. Not "we have all the animation up to June finished" levels (that'd be insane), but they do have a few weeks' worth of episodes probably already in the can just ready to air. If the coronavirus...
Back
Top Bottom