Search results for query: *

1. Eclipsical

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I don't think it necessarily needs to be Hatenna doing the battling, but it could be more of an active participant either by healing Floragato from the back in a single battle or Fuecoco or whoever in a tag battle.
  2. Eclipsical

I'd be pretty surprised if Hatenna was next-in-line to evolve, considering Fuecoco hasn't evolved and neither has Wattrel, as well as Quaxly despite being in the show longer. Hatenna also hasn't done a whole lot yet besides chill in Liko's hood (outside of learning Heal Pulse). It'd be a little...
  3. Eclipsical

Evolution is basically a storytelling device more than anything. I think an evolution being a satisfying storytelling beat is more important than any arbitrary amount of on-screen battle-time.
  4. Eclipsical

WOOOOOOAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
  5. Eclipsical

I'm not going to act like Drizzile evolving into Inteleon wasn't "unearned" or anything, but the Drizzile evolution episode did end with Goh saying that Drizzile would come out of its cave when it was ready and that he wasn't going to force it to come out if it didn't want to, because that was...
  6. Eclipsical

Reminds me of when the manga version of Journeys revealed Drizzile evolving into Inteleon before the anime did.
  7. Eclipsical

I honestly don't think battles matter that much at all when it comes to anime-evolution. Evolution is basically just a tool for character development and they'll evolve if it will suit where the writers want the character to go. Example: Scorbunny to Raboot so it can become disobedient to...
  8. Eclipsical

I feel like toy sets like these are always a mixed bag when it comes to whether or not the Pokémon featured are relevant. I remember a Darkest Day toy set they released that featured Sirfetch’d and Eevee, who were obviously not present at that point. A starter like Sprigatito evolving so soon...
  9. Eclipsical

I'd like to see Roy capture Pawniard once they drop by Unova. I think Rotom could be a good fit for Dot, but the fact that literally everybody alive seems to have a Rotom Phone in the Pokemon world nowadays, it might not be as unique. I sort of get the feeling that she won't catch many Pokemon...
  10. Eclipsical

Even if they aren't going for that sort of vibe, Hisuian Zorua would still make sense for her development considering it has such an aversion to humans and it wouldn't be as easy for Liko to get through to. It would be a good challenge for her to overcome because it would likely cause her to...
  11. Eclipsical

I think Hisuian Zorua would be a good capture for Liko and would fit the magical/mystical vibe her team might develop into with Meowscarada and Hatterene. It would be interesting to see how Liko manages to get through to a Pokemon that typically transforms and uses illusions to keep people away...
  12. Eclipsical

Ash had two ground-types in DP, two grass-types, two ground-types, two fighting-types, two dark-types, and two water-types in BW, three flying-types and two dragon-types in XY, and two fighting-types and two dragon-types in Journeys. I don't think repeating typing would stop them if they really...
  13. Eclipsical

I'm still hoping that the Pawmi on the ship gets captured by Roy at some point.
  14. Eclipsical

I’m a little confused about the idea that Liko still needs to find a goal. She has one already: to find out more about the pendant. It isn’t as easily quantifiable in terms of progress as, for example, Ash earning gym badges, but it is still a goal that she is already working towards.
  15. Eclipsical

I wonder when we are actually getting to the world-hopping aspect of the show. So far, every episode has been set either in Kanto or largely on the ship. We'll probably spend a few episodes in Paldea; but after that, I hope they utilize the fact that they can go anywhere freely. There was a lot...
  16. Eclipsical

I think it was a missed opportunity to not introduce Steel & Dragon-type Eeveelutions in SWSH when there is a lot of history and mythology around knights and dragons in the UK and Europe. You could easily make up some lore surrounding a Dragon-type Eeveelution that kidnaps Sylveons and battles a...
  17. Eclipsical

I suppose so, but I personally don't think they need to be so intrinsically connected to promoting a new feature that new Eeveelutions simply can't exist without being promotional tools. I just think it is a missed opportunity when there is so much potential just sitting there that they seem...
  18. Eclipsical

I still don't understand why Game Freak doesn't just make an Eeveelution for every type. They should introduce one or two a generation, IMO. The Evolution Pokemon deserves an evolution of every type. It has been almost 10 whole years since the last Eeveelution.
  19. Eclipsical

I think Liko catching a Charcadet that eventually evolves into an Armarouge is pretty likely, mirroring Amethio and his Ceruledge. I could see her capturing a Finizen that evolves into Palafin, assuming they can implement its ability properly into the anime. Zero-to-Hero sort of goes along with...
Back
Top Bottom