Search results for query: *

1. E

A Spinoff Game Focused On Contests?

Part of me wonders if the reason they didn't do it was because they were afraid it wouldn't be marketable to the franchise's (supposedly) primary audience. Keep in mind that, early on in its history, the Pokémon franchise was marketed pretty specifically towards young boys-- this was one of the...
  2. E

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I was also thinking that instead of an "evil team" or any conventional villain, there would be more emphasis on making it to the top and defeating the rival coordinators.
  3. E

That's sort of what I was asking about. Something's telling me, though, that the time for such a thing has kind of passed. If Game Freak were to do something like that, they probably would have done it in the early 2000s, when the franchise was in an "experimental" phase.
  4. E

One thing I've noticed is that there just haven't been as many spinoff Pokémon console games lately-- at least, not ones that deviate from the narrative style of the main-series games. There seemed to be a ton of them in Generations 3 and 4, and I sort of feel like back then the company was...
  5. E

A little bit of backstory here. I was a latecomer to Pokémon. When I finally did get into the games, during Generation 3, I was surprised by the fact that the games allowed you to compete not only in battles but in Contests, which I felt added a lot of depth to the world, and made it feel more...
Back
Top Bottom