Search results for query: *

1. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

The Fire/Flying Scorbunny looks like Tracer from Overwatch. Considering that she's British, perhaps that was the artist intent? Was referring to what @PkmnTrainerV was stating on Scorbunny's flavor text: As for Fire/Normal, which is Pyroar's typing... the only problem I have with it is that...
  2. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

Please Arceus no. Or else Sobble's crying will be exactly what the fandom will be doing.
  3. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

It's not like they couldn't simply just introduce new physical fairy type moves for Grookey's line to utilize. Really, the description they gave it makes me think of Fairy more than anything else. I could easily see Grookey turning into something akin to this in regards to a Shaman theme...
  4. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

Probably because people are now comparing the new fighting Gym Leader to Scorbunny. Probably coincidental, but her ribbons kinda look like rabbit ears? I'm expecting nothing but disappointment anyways, so I wouldn't be surprised.
  5. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

From that leaker who got a lot of things about the Direct correct: Yes, Double Kick makes sense, bc even Gen 1 rabbit like Pokemon like Nidoran learned it. But this makes me feel concerned since the bunny has now become my favorite of the 3. Why? Out of all the concepts and mythologies that...
  6. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

I kinda see Sobble heading in the general direction of Cute/Timid -> Fierce final form. I think it'll be alright so long as it makes sense conceptually. Cyndaquil & the Johto starters didn't really have a "theme" going on like starters do nowadays. Random opinion: If the Johto starters ever...
  7. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

The Ballio guy made those, aGen 7 faker:
  8. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

^ That looks like it's based off the idea that the starters will be represented by mainstays of British culture: Musical (likely rock) theme for Grookey Soccer or Football theme for Scorbunny Drama theater theme for Sobble like the artist inspiration above. Only thing I wonder about that, is...
  9. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

Created by the same guy who made the Ghost Ship Sobble evolution. I could see this happening and Ash's potential rival in the anime having it to challenge Pikachu. I don't like it as much as the other two he made, but it does have its charm. Reminds me of The Flash from DC.
  10. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

I wouldn't mind this idea, and the theme of maturity is a simple enough one to pull off. Kinda fits with the personality theme GameXplain was thinking of in their vid speculating about the starters. Grass/Psychic sage monkey would at least be unique for starters. The only other Pokemon with that...
  11. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

Would LOVE a Water/Ghost type final evo for Sobble, kinda based on that concept or even a Ship-of-the-Line concept that ties into British history and happens to reference a ghost ship. (considering it can turn invisible and all) Not saying that pure fire can't work, but it needs to be done...
  12. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

I agree with you, but after watching the GameXplain vid going into detail on Galar & the starters, I'm thinking a Fighting typing may be likely. The band-aids really do remind me of Maylene's: Bunny could also just damage itself often from running around so much, but I'm bracing for this...
  13. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

Grounding Tape that @RileyXY1 keeps mentioning has to do with conduction of electricity, not the actual ground. I'd rather that fake Robobunny than another Fire/Fighting type, bc at least that is unique.
  14. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

Was it really? I know the guy who "leaked" it is an artist, and not trying to argue for it either way. I do find its similarity to Scorbunny a bit uncanny though... out of all the bunny fakes to have cropped up over the year this one happened to be the closest. I could see it going either...
  15. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

How would people feel about this?
  16. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

These may honestly be the most well received starters in a while, please don't let the evos ruin the honeymoon period. I'm not too familiar with British sports (Murica/Unovan, don't even care for our own that much) so I didn't catch that theme strait away. For those familiar with the sport, is...
  17. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

^ rotflmao that's almost too fitting. I concur with the Zodiac theme. Cyndaquil & Fennekin are arguable, but Charmander, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig, Litten, and now Scorbunny gives a literal 6:2 ratio, which is a bit high to not be intended. In any case, I think the starter theme will be RPG...
  18. El_

SwSh Starters Discussion

The trailer did a fantastic job of bringing this Gen's starters to life. It was really a nice touch and made me feel equally good about all 3. I hope the momentum is kept in their evolutions. For once, I actually don't have a favorite. I'm just glad they are actually better than most of the...
Back
Top Bottom