Search results for query: *

1. El_

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

But, that's on a whole other platform (before Poke GO) and Pokemon itself shouldn't be feeling that sorta pressure considering their profitability status to begin with. There are many other games which don't adhere to that philosophy and do just fine; Zelda and Mario being among them. Hell...
  2. El_

Generation 5 handled that pretty well in my opinion without any rematches. The Gym Leaders had actual jobs and obligations tied into their Pokemon preferences, which was nice for world-building. I'm very wary on the idea, but not because I mind having to face them again with stronger more...
  3. El_

Do keep in mind, that Game Freak themselves mainly brought up animation as a reasoning for cutting the Dex, in their claim for quality > quantity. People are acting as if this graphics debate is solely a scapegoat for bashing Sword N Shield, when that isn't the case. Yes people were complaining...
  4. El_

I think it's a case that people could be distracted enough from mediocre graphics so long as they at least got to have the rest of the features they care about that usually got brought over from generation to generation. Now that is no longer possible, the distraction is no longer justified...
  5. El_

That's a very good point. For some reason (assuming it looks anything like the hill drawing) the design kinda vaguely reminds me of the Tao Trio's tail generators. Not implying any relation, but there could be a similarity in function. I wonder why the leak called it a "minor" legendary? Were...
  6. El_

Neither did I till I searched this thread just now: It is very likely the Hill Figure Monster. Its name implies that it's from outer space I'm guessing, so maybe it's going to be a New Age Deoxys? Or it's a Dynamaxed Ultra Beast.
  7. El_

Where the hell is Team Plasma when you need them? If they were in these games, I'd consider joining if the option were available. #TeamPlasmadidnothingwrong Masuda managed to channel both Thanos and Michael Bay this generation. Also, there should really be self-destruct or explosion levels of...
  8. El_

It looks like a fucking toy drone hovering over the grass like it is. Really, the placement of it hovering in place over the grass also adds to the perceived negatives of its animation. Would be better if it were higher up in the air hovering towards/over the water or the MC. Of course I've...
  9. El_

I didn't know Charizard liked cold weather? Perhaps its special Dynamaxed form will be able to adapt to it, bc it was worth sacrificing your precious buddies for Charizard's sake to make it to the U.K. Will be even funnier if they decide to exclude some Sinnoh Pokemon, wonder what the excuse for...
  10. El_

I don't disagree with your reasoning explaining it, I just have issues with Game Freak's implementation of it. Perhaps I wouldn't feel that way if the games themselves offered more at face value than presenting those mechanics front and center. For example, I can understand from a lore...
  11. El_

They won't? At least never again all at once. I don't know how many times this needs to be restated, but the decision (as I'm understanding it) was that all games going forwards will not include every single Pokemon within it. That could very well be reversed in the future, but that's they way...
  12. El_

Curious as to how many coding assets Dynamaxed Pokemon are consuming. I'd hardly call that "quality" but meh. Quantity is its own kind of quality in my view.
  13. El_

That is exactly what I was figuring. Really sad, because best Pokemon that appeals to the "widest audience" means the same old marketable money makers from the past. Only way I see people getting obscure Pokemon into later games is if they become popular for some strange reason and start...
  14. El_

This is what confuses me most about this debacle. While the current narrative is that Game Freak cut the dex in order to cut down on development time, what @Zeta posted implies that this was a conscious design decision going forwards in regards to future games on the whole. In other words, Game...
  15. El_

The much higher price due to being a console game is also another major point of contention for a lot of people. If the content in said game is actually less than its handheld counterparts, then it will be viewed as a rip-off. At best, an HD port of a 3DS era title. I'm not pinning on some...
  16. El_

Assuming that leak is fully accurate, I'm not sure if anything named Team Yell will ever live up to the plotline of Team Plasma, but who knows. I liked Gen 5's direction (obviously) so I also would be a little more enthused if that was the direction they were going. They seem to have only moved...
  17. El_

Those were intended design choices from the get go though, as your "story" would be your experience had in the open world with the larger narrative tying it all together rather than being the central feature. That wasn't made in an attempt to cut corners on anything, which the exclusion of mons...
  18. El_

Hand it over to Square Enix? Or let Nintendo itself solely develop it so it can have a more dedicated staff team like Zelda gets. I'd even trust Nintendo with things like voice casting if it were handled with the same treatment as BOTW. Give Genius Sorority that level of staff development and...
  19. El_

Sounds like Gamefreak really liked XD001 aka Shadow Lugia and wanted to bring that idea into the main games only without the shadow mechanic. :LOL: I do agree that Eternatus should not be able to be captured, at least not right away. Raid battles will be happening this entire gen, so I don't...
  20. El_

I think people should be looking towards Celtic mythology rather than Norse when it comes to the Kalos legends. Xerneas is pretty much just Cernunnos in Pokemon form, and even the region where this old paganistic god was worshiped Gaul is really just ancient France. Yveltal is harder to pin...
Back
Top Bottom