Search results for query: *

1. Elieson

The Round Table

@CheffOfGames @DarthWolf @Maniacal Engineer @AussieEevee I worked with a friend a few years back on building a mafia game generator, which we've adapted to be relatively current with balance options for games 9 players in size, including a conglomeration of roles. I'd like to talk to [anyone...
  2. Elieson

The Round Table

I think it filled up as fast as it did because it's not a kooky abstract conceptual idea based mafia game with unusual mechanics...it's just a pretty simple structured game (10p OC). Not to say I don't like the others that are out right now, but there's lots of neat and atypical games out right...
  3. Elieson

The Round Table

I strongly support the above PSA.
  4. Elieson

The Round Table

IMO 20 days is just barely enough, given the remarkable activity this site has proven to have in the past 1/2 year that I've been here (fuck has it been that long?)
  5. Elieson

The Round Table

Ask Makaze He did one for SF already
  6. Elieson

The Round Table

All valid points. Sry about the wrong place!
  7. Elieson

The Round Table

Mafia and Fakeclaims! One thing I've noticed in my time here is that mafia tends not to fakeclaim often, and when they do, they're pretty bad at it (no offense everyone who isn't mafia). I think the players here could all use a lesson in Fakeclaiming, but I also think that to start, players...
  8. Elieson

The Round Table

SWRMM was intended to be a game taken seriously, that featured nonserious flavor. I'd call all my games serious in that regard. Hell, even EiMM, I would hope that people take it seriously, despite it being a clusterfuck of a game by design. I assume that ME's currently running "It's all about...
  9. Elieson

The Round Table

I'd sooner start a series of themed mafias like "NOC Training Mafia #3" and/or "OC Training Quarterly". The titles indicate the purpose of the game as they are, and immediately let users know the crowd included in the game and what to expect i nterms of playstyle. Themed games are usually a mix...
  10. Elieson

The Round Table

Takes me back to sorting the games by Game Type. People can anticipate a Gimmick Game to be kinda less "serious" overall. I'm against placing what's basically a giant fence right up on my games' signup post that causes ppl to say "Oh it's a serious game. Oh well I guess since I'm new I...
  11. Elieson

The Round Table

That's why I suggested categorizing the game, as a game, not categorizing the game, as it would be played. I can add all the derpy mechanics I want but if 10/12 people show up and take it super seriously despite it being a rather funky setup on paper, that's not my fault as a host, and it's...
  12. Elieson

The Round Table

How do you make your game casual/serious When it's the playerbase that decides that, not the host?
  13. Elieson

The Round Table

I'd simply run a series of games one a month or so titled Training Mafia #1 that are just simple setup games with little/no gimmicks, just to help players introduce games. I'd like to run Mentor Mafia games a bit less frequently, since gathering 20+ ppl is hard work!
  14. Elieson

The Round Table

New Tags for game organization: Traditional Mafia Non-Traditional Mafia Non-Mafia Any objections to these being new standardized tags for games? The idea of having a "Lighthearted" or "Casual" game already implies a preference in joining a game. I'm not going to influence people from...
  15. Elieson

The Round Table

Something something the only thing that Casual/Classic needs to exist to distinguish between is the playerbase involved in the game. IMO OC games will function more casually than OC, and I suggest that we just take the approach of having them sorted as such. If you join an NOC game, being...
Back
Top Bottom