Search results for query: *

1. E

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Take us on a brief tour before focusing in one your character. I've seen it done well before. Have you ever seen a pokemon fanfic that dodges the journey/trainer/pokewar idea in favor of stylized pulp, perhaps swords and science?
  2. E

Thank you for the link. My fan fiction is set in the WOTC era TCG universe. This universe is built from the scant bits of flavor that were given in the WOTC Pokémon TCG sets. Here, the Rockets seem to be semi-competent, as there's a Rocket's Scyther, Rocket's Hitmonchan, Rocket's Snorlax...
  3. E

Re: Writer's Workshop General Chat Thread I have some loose ideas for a fiction. A q and a would really help me shore up any holes. It is set in Kanto, using game canon from generation one. The Pokémon League is in the process of being privatized by Silph Corporation. This means that...
  4. E

I was thinking of how a party could draft policy with racist/sexist or what have you, undertones. Like, if you looked at it long enough, you should start to have some red flags popping up about what the party might be up to. But "fuel" sounds like a good choice as well.
  5. E

This the opening line of something I started yesterday. Does it sound too pretentious? "The brimstone city Caldera seethed with bigoted anger concealed by the veneer of political upheaval."
  6. E

My question sort of ties into the above. Work has kept me from my writing, though now that I'm getting the hang of things I've got more free time. I've been watching/reading interviews from a couple of authors I've come to enjoy, and they both had some interesting advice: read everything except...
  7. E

I recently read a fantasy with the French Revolution as the backdrop. The opening chapter went into graphic detail on the madness that seized the country under Robespierre's reign. I have a situation similar to the FR where an old King and Queen are overthrown and a new Queen rises to take the...
  8. E

How lengthy should a flashback be, and at what point in the story should I use a flashback? I know there must be a flashback trigger; say my character comes across the trigger in the middle of an action scene. Should I throw in the flashback right then and there, or should I wait until the...
  9. E

Re: getting back into writing... Make a vague outline. Try to split your main idea into 3 sub points. Make each sub point a "Part". Then break up the goal of each "Part" into Chapters. This gives you some leeway in writing your way through each chapter to the goal of each "Part."
Back
Top Bottom