Search results for query: *

1. Emmy

Controversial opinions

I will take a moment to defend 4Kids’ honour by pointing out this is not exclusive to ENG dubs at all and many Japanese dubs of old school cartoons also changed the characters’ names. To give a few examples, Scooby Doo is called Krupper, Muttley is called Kenken and Hong Kong Phooey is “0011” in...
  2. Emmy

Controversial opinions

Personally, I found the movies to be tired and a huge waste to just have an AU Ash. If they did make more movies, I would really want to see something like Twilight Wings or the PokéToon specials made into a movie.
  3. Emmy

Controversial opinions

One of my favourites was an underrated one when Ash won the trip to the Orange Islands just after Misty chastised him for trying his luck in a lottery and it hard cuts to Ash winning who says "welp, I guess you can't lose them all". In obvious reference to his fresh loss against Ritchie. :ROFLMAO:
  4. Emmy

Controversial opinions

I'm not actually sure if this is controversial or not, but since the rare opportunity to discuss Adventures has come up, I wanted to say that I greatly preferred Mato as the artist for the series and never gelled well with Satoshi Yamamoto's artstyle once they took over. :unsure:
  5. Emmy

Controversial opinions

I was thinking about that Sabrina clip the official YT channel put up the other day and it struck me. Beyond Brock and Misty, we really didn’t see much of the other Kanto Gym leaders* post season 1. I know people are sick of the Kanto pandering but I feel like it would have been worth revisiting...
  6. Emmy

Controversial opinions

I'll be honest, I've never understood the whole "disobedient upon evolution" thing and never cared for any of the plotlines involved with it.
  7. Emmy

Controversial opinions

It's kind of a shame really. Chloe bringing up the idea of the kids having schoolwork to Gou at the beginning of Journeys could have been something interesting to explore with her character, the idea of having to balance chasing your dreams versus the expectations of society. You could have...
  8. Emmy

Controversial opinions

It would go a long way if they actually implemented the in-game Rivals properly this time. Nemona looks like she could be either a fun Rival or travelling companion to Ash.
  9. Emmy

Controversial opinions

This conversation about Gou bemuses me as it reminds me of how I was watching the first couple of seasons recently and how old-school Ash is often motivated to go to places he hears about because of the pretence of catching strong Pokémon...only to then not bother attempting to catch anything...
  10. Emmy

Controversial opinions

Also, they needed somebody to fill that eighth slot in the M8 and barring introducing a new character like Mustard or Peony, I'd argue there aren't many options to pick from that would be better - like it could have been Tobias for example. --EDIT-- Apologies if this ends up being a double...
  11. Emmy

Controversial opinions

It would have been cool if Paul used different Pokémon but had them use the same moves as the Champions’ aces to where Ash has to visualise say Garchomp or Red Gyarados over whatever Paul was using, then bookend it by having Ash see an image of Paul standing beside Steven as they’re battling and...
  12. Emmy

Controversial opinions

Honestly, I’m not convinced having the Champions in the PWC was the right move in the end, as it lead to the exceedingly predictable lineup of 7 of the M8 being the Regional Champions with Alain being the only interesting wild card. It also raises the question of why aren’t any of the future...
  13. Emmy

Controversial opinions

I'll back you on this point. :bulbaLove:
  14. Emmy

Controversial opinions

I'm gonna say it, Normal and Great Classes were kinda pointless in the grand scheme of things. Probably would have been better to either cut them out completely or have Ash allowed to leap-frog into a harder division because of his Champion status.
  15. Emmy

Controversial opinions

Personally I'd say it's less that voice actors as an entire group are highly respected and more so that as individuals, VA's can attain a kind of celebrity status since recasts do happen all the time even when the actor is alive and still working and I've noticed the most common denominator...
  16. Emmy

Controversial opinions

I do like the idea of characters having themed teams and would not be opposed to them doing more of that - especially outside of Gym Leaders. Like say, a team of Reptile Pokémon for example would be pretty diverse since you could have Blastoise, Feraligator, Sceptile, Torterra, Keckleon, Arbok...
  17. Emmy

Controversial opinions

Early days Pokémon was wild like that. Another example would be Agatha who despite claiming to be a Ghost Type trainer, has instead a full roster of Poison Types. :confused:
  18. Emmy

Controversial opinions

As much as it pains me to say it, we really didn't need the Sakuragi family (as much as I love them) since the Professor and Chloe are pretty redundant had they not shafted Magnolia and Sonia. It surprises me that even after what, 60 or more episodes Chloe has not met Sonia since it seems so...
  19. Emmy

Controversial opinions

Alternatively they could have not made a thousand ranks in the PWC and just have fewer but more important matches. :wynaut:
  20. Emmy

Controversial opinions

If anyone was interested, Bulbapaedia has its own page on the subject.
Back
Top Bottom