Search results for query: *

1. EmpoleonProd

Speculation Could we see the end of the 3-4 year generational cycle?

Despite how BDSP look, it's not a badly-developed game, it's just a subjectively poor design choice, and I'm not at all against remakes being outsourced. If the gameplay is good, I'm perfectly fine with ILCA remaking future games, just maybe not in such a chibi style, LGPE style would be perfect...
  2. EmpoleonProd

Yeah I never understood classifying LGPE as Gen 7 to begin with. It feels more like a Gen 8 game. It's on the Switch, for one, but it also has no direct connectivity to or from other Gen 7 games, meaning you cannot physically bring ANY Pokemon from SM/USUM to LGPE or vice versa, you CAN however...
  3. EmpoleonProd

When did this become about the most popular generations? I was fairly certain I meant to say Gens 3 and 4 were the ones with the best games, although the opinions held by fans on those generations are particularly carried by Emerald, Platinum, and HGSS.
  4. EmpoleonProd

By your logic, Ruby and Sapphire are better games than Emerald, and Diamond and Pearl are better games than Platinum? There are games that objectively have higher quality features and gameplay, despite sales numbers. We all know new generations historically sell the most and third...
  5. EmpoleonProd

Yeah I'm really not. I probably spend more time consuming bulbagarden/reddit/YouTube than anyone else here, also bulbagarden is kind of dead so you can't really use the threads you find here as the end-all-be-all, but as you wish. If anything, you all are proving my point by naming one or the...
  6. EmpoleonProd

I didn't think I needed to citate the obvious? Go watch any video or read any top 5 or top 10 list on the subject lol, Gens 3 and 4, or particular games within them (Platinum, Emerald, and HGSS especially) always rank extremely high on almost every list you'll see. This isn't exactly a "hot...
  7. EmpoleonProd

Well, of course not. But I think they could greatly slow down. They've built the Pokemon world into such a big place that there really is no need to constantly churn out a new region, new Pokemon, and new characters every 3-4 years. I think this would be better as a 5-6 year cycle kind of thing...
  8. EmpoleonProd

You're being more pessimistic if anything. Of course they're going to reference Galar because that's their new region, but it doesn't go much past that. Chloe got an Eevee which if anything is probably a reference to the Let's Go games. We don't know how long Journeys will go, if it takes Ash...
  9. EmpoleonProd

I don't think anything is particularly set in stone yet, at this moment I could just as easily see them going my hypothetical route with more remakes and more Legends games, or giving us Gen 9 by late 2023, however, I think how well LA does will dictate which they go with. If the game sells...
  10. EmpoleonProd

See, but that's the thing. We don't need a new generation to get new Pokemon anymore. That no longer defines a generation, we've had mid-generation Pokemon a few times now. And if the TCG, anime, etc. all revolve around the games, how is it that the anime has taken a new approach of revisiting...
  11. EmpoleonProd

With things like outsourced games (BDSP), prequels (LA), sub-series of the main series games (Let’s Go, Legends), and DLC (SwSh), could we see the definitions of a generation change? Over the years, things that were staples of a new generation (new gaming system, new sprites/models/graphics...
Back
Top Bottom