Search results for query: *

1. EmpoleonProd

Speculation Johto Remake Discussion (Johto Confirmed?!)

The same way the Xbox Series and PS5 are backwards compatible with all Xbox One/PS4 games, I imagine any Switch successor would likely be the same, just the Switch, but a lot better.
  2. EmpoleonProd

This exactly. At some point, every region will be made playable in full 3D, Johto and Unova are the obvious contenders next in line. As for Nintendo moving on from the Switch, personally I doubt it, I think it's more likely we see a Switch Pro or some evolution of the system rather than a...
  3. EmpoleonProd

Most of what you said isn't really Game Freak's decision, like when to move to the next system or how many games/generations per system, that has more to do with when Nintendo releases new systems, which isn't something Game Freak has control over, so that's a moot point and I'm not sure why...
  4. EmpoleonProd

The only "pattern" that was broken was the "third version" release. They've experimented heavily with that release since Gen 5, where they did sequels instead of Grey, Gen 6 had one in development that was possibly going to be split into two games according to leftover data present in Home or...
  5. EmpoleonProd

Even if they did do NSO ports, that's not stopping them from doing Johto remakes in addition to ports. You may remember that Gen 1 was ported to the 3DS in 2016 but that didn't stop them from literally remaking Yellow into two games in 2018 lol. Johto to some extent is 100% coming, that much I...
  6. EmpoleonProd

For the record I was one of the only people to correctly predict a second pair of Kanto remakes was going to come after USUM vs. the Sinnoh remakes many were expecting. I'll admit I was on the Z train but there's strong evidence to suggest the game was in develop for a 2015 release but was...
  7. EmpoleonProd

It's that time again, time to begin talking about the next games, I promise you Johto remakes are next up in either 2023 or 2024 if they do SV DLC for 2023. I just hope, with all the complaints Game Freak has been getting with the graphical performance of the recent games, like SwSh, BDSP, LA...
  8. EmpoleonProd

I like how now after BDSP, people would rather have LGPE-style remakes lol, a year ago this would be unheard of. Personally I loved the graphics and artstyle of LGPE, they were by far the best-looking Pokemon games and still debatably are. I'm genuinely surprised BDSP weren't built on the LGPE...
  9. EmpoleonProd

I have a fairly strong theory as to what the titles to Johto remakes could be, those being Let's Go Pichu and Let's Go Cleffa. This makes a lot of sense when you think about it, as Clefairy is just as closely tied to Pikachu and arguably even more so than Eevee. Eevee is often considered the...
  10. EmpoleonProd

I can forgive that though because you still got access to the Pokémon eventually, whereas LGPE just pretends they don’t exist entirely. In FRLG I guess you could say the Johto Pokémon are just treated like they’re a new discovery or that they’re just really rare to see in Kanto, although I much...
  11. EmpoleonProd

I wonder where the major disconnect is between Game Freak, TPCi, and the fanbase. From what I see on several forms of media, everyone wants remakes to be made like they were with FRLG and HGSS, where it's everything from the original games, AND more content added in on top, even ORAS did a good...
  12. EmpoleonProd

I definitely think Johto could benefit from receiving the LGPE treatment of massively reshuffling around the wild Pokemon and trainer rosters, I've spoken in the past about certain Gym Leaders having mostly, or even exclusively, Kanto teams, such as Falkner having Pidgey and Pidgeotto when a...
  13. EmpoleonProd

I get what you're saying but like any game series, I feel like Legends is a series that can grow and get better as they make more of them. I'm sure Legends: Arceus will have some kinks but we have to bare with them to grow the series. Also, I'm only saying Ho-Oh because Ho-Oh is the legendary...
  14. EmpoleonProd

I'm glad you mentioned Legends because I do think Johto would make one of the greatest settings for a past era, lore-based game. It's definitely in the top half of regions for lore with Ecruteak City and the burned tower, I think it would be phenomenal to live through that event in-game in real...
  15. EmpoleonProd

From what I've heard, BDSP sold extremely well on their first week, so it might be in Game Freak and TPCi's best interest to grow that working relationship with ILCA and just have them continue to do their remakes/remasters, since all they have to do is give them a game, like HGSS and say "do...
  16. EmpoleonProd

Now that Sinnoh confirmed memes have come to pass, let's not all start chanting "Unova confirmed" quite yet, because I think based on past trends, it's no great feat to predict Johto remakes next. With LGPE coming in between ORAS and BDSP, I think it's very possible we'll see Johto remade for a...
Back
Top Bottom