Search results for query: *

1. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I know this convo is old as helllll but It's actually pretty hilarious when you stop to think about how Red is arguably the least impressive of all the MCs because every single one that came after him did more than he ever did. Red might have won against all the Gym Leaders, the E4 and defeated...
  2. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I'm noticing a very... strange phenomenon happening on anipoke Twitter with all this expeculation that the anime might end and etc, in which a lot of people seem to genuinely believe that the solution to all the current problems that anipoke is facing is to retire Ash as the MC and start new...
  3. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I always felt that was a symptom of one of the pokeani's greatest sins: the overusage of gags. Pokéani's humour has always been heavily gag-based, which personally always bothered me, tbh. It's like they do something once that ends up being funny and then they just keep on kicking it long past...
  4. Enzo

Controversial opinions

The battle against Volkner was exactly like that. And all the battles against Bea. And Drasna. And Iris. Yeah, you get my point. Man, I really hate how Ash is written in JN, istg. He's wayyy too focused on brute force and relying too much in lucky hits.
  5. Enzo

Controversial opinions

Which isn't... really a flaw, right? As in, okay, it's sure inconvenient for him and everyone involved, but that's not a flaw in his character. It's like they were so hellbent into making a guy everyone would love that they just threw the world's safest flaw at him so he can't be considered...
  6. Enzo

Controversial opinions

It's somewhat incredible that the series that gave us Goh and Chloe managed to make a third character who's somehow even worse when it comes to writing in the form of Leon... Well, I mean... it's JN. I don't know why I'm surprised tbh.
  7. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I was actually trying to look for an excuse to talk about Paul and Leon together, so thanks for the cue man lmao. You see, this is absolutely not to say that Paul was written flawlessly, because of course he wasn't, let's be real. But I do think, however, that Paul was actually well-writen in...
  8. Enzo

Controversial opinions

You know, a part of me wonders if the real reason on why Leon is written Like That he is is because not only do they want us to feel like he's the ultimate challenge for Ash, but also because they're already laying down that Ash isn't gonna beat him no matter what. But if that's the case, they...
  9. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I mean, I can see why they use it: it's sweet, touching, heartbreaking, it's the type of story that won't ever truly go out of style and exists pratically out of time. But yeah, I do agree, it seems like they noticied it worked the first couple of times and then they just realized they don't...
  10. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I don't hate Gible in the slightest, but I personally wouldn't have given Ash anything else after Gilscar got caught. Here's two things: Gible was ultimately pointless because I barely did anything (precisely because it got caught too late for it's own good) and because I do still firmly...
  11. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I frankly don't think they ever really wanted to do anything with her, period. They clearly never wanted her to be anything more than the occasional side character in Ash's and Goh's story. I feel like they started to include her more because the higher ups wanted more female representation in...
  12. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I know those can't be argued as official, canonical captures as those were just created as an "what-if" fanart series by a guy who just happened to have worked on the anime, but this is actualy why I liked those arts imagining Paul's teams across regions. (The ones somebody posted here a few...
  13. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I think it's because moral/ethical issues require a lot of nuance that needs to be very well thought out, especially for a kiddie show like Pokémon, even more when you take into account that the show has never really approached the "grey area" too much. Morality issues were never something the...
  14. Enzo

Controversial opinions

It's gonna be incredible if they do all of this just because they refuse to have Ash use his reserves in the PWC. You see, a point that I think we need to understand here is cuz the ultimate thing about Alain is that a rematch against him doesn't works unless Greninja is there. Greninja/Zard X...
  15. Enzo

Controversial opinions

Here's the thing: you make a goal where Ash can challenge pretty much anybody without being region-locked. You go and then bring back Alain, the one rival Ash was never able to defeat. You put both of them in the exact same group in which they have the possibility of battling each other. What...
  16. Enzo

Controversial opinions

Yes, that's exactly it! I do plan on writing a bit about it when college alleviates the pressure on my neck a bit lol, but yeah, hype culture unfortunately made it's way into the Pokémon franchise, but well, considering it's the largest ip in the world, it was bound to happen. It gotta keep up...
  17. Enzo

Controversial opinions

Well, I can see our opinions really difer here because I personaly think JN's writing is absolutely dogshit atrocious at it's worst and barely average at it's best lol. I always felt like one of JN's biggest problems (if not, the biggest issue) is because it's the direct result of the "Hype...
  18. Enzo

Controversial opinions

Again, I'm also 99,999% it will happen, but well,,, let's be real, the JN writing team sucks enough to do something like this. To reiterate: I'm not claiming that they will pull this bs, but their credibility ran out very quickly because of all the shit they pulled. So really, I'm not the one to...
  19. Enzo

Controversial opinions

For the record, I do see Ash in the finals against Leon, but imagine if they pullled the rug on us at the last second and Ash loses against Cynthia in the semi-finals and doesn't gets to the finals. Again, I don't see this happening (even if I'm not quite 100% sure), but JN has done so many...
  20. Enzo

Controversial opinions

I love just how unique and fun these evolutions look. . Idk, there's something so fulfilling in seeing evolutions being trated as an actual biological process and opposed to some form of "magic" it was always treated as. I don't want this to seem like another dunk on JN, but it just reminds me...
Back
Top Bottom