Search results for query: *

1. Ereshkigal

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

I've never gotten past the prostitute audition scene. That was when I gave up on the show.
  2. Ereshkigal

What you're getting is a snapshot of just how far the nation has come since the movie was released. At the time it was released, few people saw anything wrong with what was in the movie. Most of the people who had problems back then were the Moral Guardians- the regressives of their era. Thus...
  3. Ereshkigal

It was released in 1984. Liking it is mostly nostalgia.
  4. Ereshkigal

The books are worse. There's a reason why Tolkien is sometimes taught as a writer to not emulate when giving setting details. And if you want another example, Battlefield Earth. The movie was better than the book. Mostly because the movie cut out the unnecessary second half of the book. (The...
  5. Ereshkigal

It's okay. We haven't burned someone at the stake for heresy since Tuesday.
  6. Ereshkigal

Disney bought the people doing Power Rangers at the time and told the people making the show, "We don't care what you do, we're ending it after this season." I've seen several people claim that season is also the best season of Power Rangers, since the cast and crew, upon realizing Disney...
  7. Ereshkigal

Disney kills everything that doesn't agree with its PR strategy. For example, they tried to kill Power Rangers because it didn't fit their PR strategy of the time.
  8. Ereshkigal

Disney is pretty damned close to being the Umbrella Corporation of entertainment. Nearly everything I've heard about them strikes me as more card-carrying evil than anything even EA aspires to.
  9. Ereshkigal

My point was more that it's probably okay for inside Japan. Teenagers there live with far different expectations than teenagers in America or the UK. When it's exported, I definitely agree with you. Japan seems to have some issue with realizing the rest of the world isn't like them. But, then...
  10. Ereshkigal

I dunno. It even being allowed is pretty damned progressive for Japan. But then, massively more conservative society than the U.S.
  11. Ereshkigal

Ffrom the context of the size description and other descriptions about the creature, as well as other contextual clues, quite likely it's not mythical at all. We just have a different name for it than was held in the ancient past. Given all of the clues, quite likely this is the leviathan from...
  12. Ereshkigal

Agreed! Dubstep, techno, and nightcore are extremely different.
  13. Ereshkigal

It's more that, for its time, Princess Bride was rather revolutionary. It was a fantasy movie that openly reveled in fantasy tropes without even attempting to take itself seriously and still managing to be good without being just another parody movie. It's more that you're spoiled with the...
  14. Ereshkigal

At least one of these would probably get me burned at the stake in some areas. 1. Elvis Presley didn't produce music particularly noteworthy. I honestly feel the only reason he gained any fame at all is because of his dancing style and parental outrage. If it wasn't for that, he quite likely...
Back
Top Bottom