Search results for query: *

1. Ereshkigal

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I'll admit the one reason why I like VI, and the one thing it does few other video games dare to do: The heroes lose. They don't just lose, they lose massively. This is the only RPG I can remember playing where you try to save the world, fail epicly, and then have to pick up the pieces and...
  2. Ereshkigal

A lot of people hated FFVIII because of the weird magic system and the time travel aspect of the plot. Those are both invariably cited in every discussion I've seen of why FFVIII is a bad entry to the series. Combine that with the fact it was switching to telling the story of two people rather...
  3. Ereshkigal

From a storytelling standpoint, I think Resident Evil 7 was a mistake. The Resident Evil series prior to that showed a natural progression. It goes from something they have never seen before (0 and 1), progresses naturally into a massive disaster (2 and 3), and the world responds. Umbrella gets...
  4. Ereshkigal

Ratatoskr, Guan Yu, Da Ji (arguably), Ymir, Ravana, Cu Chulainn, Hou Yi, Hercules, Xin Tian, Sun Wukong, Chiron, Fenrir, and Jormungandr are all actually gods. Most of those were considered actual gods, or thought to be avatars of deities incarnate (similar to Jesus). Just that "god" varied a...
  5. Ereshkigal

I'm not as big a fan of the Final Fantasy plots, even if I enjoy the gameplay.
  6. Ereshkigal

Time travel is possible, and the universe doesn't care that it doesn't make sense to us.
  7. Ereshkigal

Logic errors only by human logic. We already known from quantum mechanics that particles can be quantum entangled both across space and across time; it actually is possible to send information from a period in the future to a period in the past. Thus, you can have a particle react to events that...
  8. Ereshkigal

Final Fantasy 13 isn't that good.
  9. Ereshkigal

Good graphics should not be important to a game. A six-gig sprite game that can devote four gig to stuff to do is always going to be superior to a six-gig VR game which can only devote one gig to stuff to do. VR games are a terrible idea that keeps cropping up and dying. Why can't we let this...
Back
Top Bottom