Search results for query: *

1. Ereshkigal

Speculation Generation VIII Games Speculation

I gotta agree with PkmnTrainerV on this one. It just seems a bit of a stretch to say there's rivalries involved. People have their preferences, but I've not seen any sign of the level of split needed for a rivalry. Same issue with the designs. If anything, I see people more complaining about...
  2. Ereshkigal

When each was settled, the names were accurate. One thousand years of climate change later...
  3. Ereshkigal

There are parallels between Sims 3 and Sun/Moon. Basically, I brought it up because enough people complained about lack of content in Sims 3, comparing it constantly to its predecessors, that it was rather obviously a problem. Much like I see the same being said about Sun/Moon now... and how...
  4. Ereshkigal

This is more a problem of technological limitations and time limitations for creating content than the worldstyle. Open World does not necessarily mean that it won't still feel this limited or lacking of content; there are a large number of open world games, the best example being Sims 3, that...
  5. Ereshkigal

That crosses into territory that is far too risky for most video game companies. It carries with it certain implications that all African cultures are the exact same, which given the history of that particular viewpoint is... not wise, to put it mildly. That's part of why it is most video games...
  6. Ereshkigal

Dolphin has been in the game since Gen 1. They merged it with the Loch Ness Monster to create Lapras. That's one tiny region of Northeast Africa. What about the rest of the continent?
  7. Ereshkigal

I'm game. We have one that is potentially a Quetzalcoatl incarnation (Zapdos), but I can see why people would not be happy with it for filling that role.
  8. Ereshkigal

Africa is, if I remember correctly, more along the lines of three or four cultural regions. There's also the multiple climatic regions, which is how most people divide the continent. I'm going to focus on the idea of finding a perfect opening game. Now, note that much of Africa is, really, not...
  9. Ereshkigal

They already scale things massively down. What you're talking about is effectively turning entire cultures into single-town caricatures -.-
  10. Ereshkigal

Both New York and New Jersey have areas with quite a lot of sand, some of which are entirely artificial. One of those could serve the same purpose easily enough as far as Pokemon habitats go.
  11. Ereshkigal

No. It's pretty common for those from more "civilized" areas to confuse different types of tribal symbolism, though. And the "from another dimension" part is common in myths from Africa, Europe, Asia, and North America as far as I know. I don't know anything about myths from South America or...
  12. Ereshkigal

Oh, agreed. It made no sense. But, alas, they didn't do it... One of the world's most active volcanoes is located in Antarctica.
  13. Ereshkigal

The lack of trousers in SM is primarily because 90% of the American media depictions of Hawaii typically involve people in bikinis or shorts. There's not a lot of depictions of people wearing pants. And to be fair, we've not seen any region outside Japan, France, or America. So we don't exactly...
  14. Ereshkigal

Considering some of the Dex entries about Pokemon and the fact ice cold hasn't bothered the player characters in the past, I would say a civilization in Antarctica would be the least impossible aspect of humans surviving the Pokemon universe.
  15. Ereshkigal

Arctic enough, up in some of the mountains.
  16. Ereshkigal

How about a continent besides North America, Europe, or Asia?
  17. Ereshkigal

If we're doing time regions, why not a future era? Maybe have it the generation has a past game and a future game as the pair, and in each you travel between different cultural regions similar to how you travel between islands in Sun and Moon.
Back
Top Bottom