Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

What are your game headcanons?

I’m pretty sure that real constrictors are born knowing how to do that instinctively. What you could say though is that the Trainer needs to teach them how to do it non-lethally.
  2. Esserise

I make of it that I'm not about to start accounting for every translation of the games just for the sake of a headcanon. :p
  3. Esserise

Thinking about characters with notable accents that differ from the regions they appear in, and real-world correlations that can be extracted from that. The Battle Chatelaines seem pretty blatantly Irish, although in ORAS they confirm that they were born and raised in Hoenn. So I presume their...
  4. Esserise

But we at least have indisputable, material evidence that Floette exists. So we can surmise that maybe they did intend to distribute it at some point. And more to the point, it's not even truly cut content - it still actually appears in the story in the context that's most relevant to it, as...
  5. Esserise

If there were going to be forms, there'd be forms. They wouldn't cut out a massive part of the Pokémon's character profile and in-battle functionality just because a cheap game got nixed - look at Zygarde. They made sure to shoehorn 10% and Complete into SM even when it didn't make sense. They...
  6. Esserise

Strictly speaking, I would say that Volcanion is probably more associated with the southern reaches of Kalos, where it's worshiped, but of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to stay there or that it makes its home there. Indeed, ORAS revealed that either there are several Volcanion...
  7. Esserise

Isn't Yveltal said to live in the mountains? I kinda like the idea that it lives on the cliffs around Route 13. Much like @~ Blazing White Yang's idea that Xerneas is responsible for the Winding Woods, perhaps the reason why Route 13 is just a big, parched wasteland smack in between of places...
  8. Esserise

Yeah, there's really no other way to interpret it (unless you like goofy crackpot fan theories like mine). While Game Freak aren't exactly the types to specifically say "x is canonical," the very nature of LGPE paint a pretty clear picture. They're not trying to stitch themselves into the...
  9. Esserise

I like this a lot, although it does re-raise the question of how exactly TMs work in terms of actually teaching the new move. Ever since they established the CD-like appearance, my headcanon has been that they're basically like instructional videos that you have your Pokémon watch and learn...
  10. Esserise

I always pick Rowlet in SM since Kukui is the final boss in those games and I agree that Incineroar fits him perfectly. I give myself more freedom in USUM, though. I think all three of the Alola Starters fit pretty nicely as Hau’s partner.
  11. Esserise

That’s... not how that works.
  12. Esserise

The thing is, there are unique benefits to living near active volcanoes (the soil is very good for bearing crops, geothermal energy can be harnessed, volcanic minerals can be dug up for various purposes, and so on), which is why many people irl still do precisely that. Yes, they're taking a...
  13. Esserise

You know, I kind of like the idea that there might be different Pokédex numbering sequences, sort of like the US customary and metric systems of measurement. Or perhaps like the APA, MLA, Chicago, etc. citation styles, where it depends on the precise field of study. Edit: It occurs to me that...
  14. Esserise

He still refers to it as "the Pokédex that I've designed" to the player and Trace. The change LGPE makes is in saying that the Pokédex didn't exist during Red and Blue's travels and that they had to rely on pencil and paper, and when Blue sees yours, he says "So Gramps finally went and made...
  15. Esserise

This is a really cool idea, though I’m not sure it’s especially necessary since the implication in the games seems to be that the Legendaries are there because of Solgaleo/Lunala coming through. But at the same time, that’s never stated in explicit terms, so I suppose there’s nothing ruling out...
  16. Esserise

Although in Gen 7, they can be used by Trainers at the Battle Tree and Battle Royal Dome.
  17. Esserise

Solgaleo and Lunala have been explicitly called Legendary Pokémon on multiple occasions, but as my other post says, that's not really a meaningful "category" outside of marketing purposes. There's no shared characteristic that all "Legendary Pokémon" have in common, so it's not like an actual...
  18. Esserise

But surely there can be more than one way of reaching an aesthetic goal? The UBs accomplished that through bucking specific design "rules," with a willingness to do things like being faceless and/or having wildly disproportionate or counterintuitive bodies, and as a group, they display a lot of...
  19. Esserise

You mention marketing, and that's pretty much why. Silvally "shouldn't" be a Legendary for the same reasons that Mewtwo "shouldn't," in that they're not really figures of legend of any sort, but "Legendary" is really only used as a marketing term to indicate a sense of high status among common...
  20. Esserise

The same ways most other regions we’ve seen do, which are largely comparable to modern energy sources. I know Rose mentions several during the storyline of SwSh. There’s no reason to think Galar relies on any one energy source in particular.
Back
Top Bottom