Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

Generation IV Remake Speculation

oh fuck i didn't even know there was a second game being talked about!!
  2. Esserise

It... it’s here the radically reimagined remake ive always wanted omg
  3. Esserise

Not only that, but “Version” also isn’t part of the Japanese names. It’s just Pocket Monsters: Diamond and Pocket Monsters: Pearl
  4. Esserise

How so? What makes it such a "big" retcon, especially when they can just say it's a different universe? You do know it's not like there's only 10 guys working on the game, right? The team that designs the Pokémon is different from the team that creates the models, and that team is different...
  5. Esserise

Well, that’s why it’s called retroactive continuity. The concept didn’t exist then, but it does now, so upon reexamination, they can apply it. Groudon and Kyogre didn’t have Primal Reversion forms... until they did. They’d never changed a Pokémon’s entire type... until they did. They’d never...
  6. Esserise

And yet they're obviously directly related to lines from earlier regions, so I'd say there's just as much an argument to be made that there shouldn't be a multi-generation gap between them in the Dex. I don't think Game Freak care all that much about Dex numbering. I remember when we first...
  7. Esserise

Not that different from Obstagoon, Perrserker, et al., or also Regieleki and Regidrago?
  8. Esserise

Sense is pretty relative though innit? Like, does it “make sense” that when a tree-shaped rock mates with a digital drinking bird, it lays an egg containing an offspring in the same form as itself, but when it does the exactly same thing after huffing some incense, it produces a totally...
  9. Esserise

That just seems kind of arbitrary to me. Obviously there's no way to know right now if there'll be regional forms in any prospective Sinnoh remakes or not, but how do you justify keeping the feature as something exclusive to games that take place in new regions? What's the rationale? The case...
  10. Esserise

While you're certainly free to feel that way, it's nonetheless clear that Game Freak aren't averse to the idea of putting newer extensions of old Pokémon into remakes. FRLG was puritanical about it, but HGSS let some of the Gen 4 evolutions in, ORAS let them all in and introduced new Mega...
  11. Esserise

Definitely unrealistic for tomorrow, but I would be kinda surprised if there weren't any new regional variants in these games. They've shown that they're willing to treat it as a concept with legs as opposed to a one-off thing, and it's a useful tool in the kit that previous remakes simply...
  12. Esserise

I mean, the worst that can happen is there's just not going to be a game. Unless you know you can handle the disappointment that comes with expecting a game to be announced and then that not happening, just don't go into it assuming anything, despite whatever evidence there may be.
  13. Esserise

Juuuuust preemptively putting out the panic fires, to be safe. :X3: Right, but the second part of the sentence is the key there. :)
  14. Esserise

I, uh, wouldn't say that it is. They've already got the Post Malone concert on Saturday, after which they're going to announce more P25 Music information. Spending the Presents on the same sort of material would be redundant, and there's really no precedent for these video presentations being...
  15. Esserise

I was obviously messing around on the other page, but I actually do have a bit of a stake in MAX Diamond & MAX Pearl - Let's Go went with a unified title approach rather than using complementary prefixes, so maybe that's the new thing idk - References Dynamax which could play a role in the...
  16. Esserise

Based And here we go: Same story - a tweet for 6/17, but I couldn't find any for 6/24. I don't wanna' say anything too concrete, but I think this is it buckaroos.
  17. Esserise

Near as I can tell, Masuda retweeted the announcement for the 6/17 presentation (which did contain some main series news, albeit minor - it was the announcement of the Zeraora Max Raid event) a couple of times, but not the 6/24 presentation. I'd check Ohmori's feed too, but that was a lot of...
  18. Esserise

It's sort of a complex legal situation about which I don't think we actually know the totality of specific nuances. To quote Wikipedia, "The Pokémon Company also handles publishing of all Pokémon video games since 2001 with Nintendo, being mostly responsible for marketing while Nintendo handles...
  19. Esserise

Speaking to VICE about this unprecedented announcement, Shigeru Ohmori was quoted as saying: "Here's yer fuckin' next-gen graphics, ya' wankers!" (In truth, I suspect that Nintendo just don't want to retweet the thing as a whole because the presentation will contain some non-Nintendo products...
  20. Esserise

I do think the lack of a Nintendo retweet is odd. But it's probably because what we're getting is... Pokémon MAX Diamond & Pokémon MAX Pearl, coming to XBox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 on November 19th!
Back
Top Bottom