Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

Generation VII confirmed!

The actual amount of change to the region should be massive of course, but the comparisons to ORAS are referring to the amount of content the games would/should have. Personally I think that's a rather hazy issue and that the ways in which we measure the "amount" of content in a game are quite...
  2. Esserise

Adding onto all of that, Red and Blue both got adult-age redesigns which are otherwise only used for the Battle Tree. A modern Kanto game would allow them to get more mileage out of those models. Plus, if they were to include Johto as well (now that it's beginning to be marketed in conjunction...
  3. Esserise

It reminds me more of the traditionalism vs. progressivism aesthetic of those games (I won't call it a "theme" because they didn't really explore it as one). While I love BW, I've always felt like the whole "truth vs. ideals" thing is kinda... hollow? Maybe... superficial? Because they don't...
  4. Esserise

Well, she's a very flighty, mercurial artist. I think she could have some radical ideas waiting to be implemented, but she's having trouble working that into the "traditional" framework of a Trial. She may just have artist's block. Gyms, being much more "modernist" in comparison, could be just...
  5. Esserise

Well from what we learn, what would have taken place without the League would have basically been... the Elite Four, just by another name. Kukui explains that before now, the island challenges were concluded by having the challenger take on all four Kahunas in a row. Which, hell, even with the...
  6. Esserise

You can actually earn quite a few, it's just that a lot of them have rather daunting requirements (Battle Tree milestones, completing the Pokédex, maxing out your Poké Finder, etc.).
  7. Esserise

Technically speaking, the Z-Crystals kinda do replace TMs rather than Badges. The role that Badges previously filled (determining obedience) is now occupied by the Kahunas' stamps, which have aesthetics that are customized to each island, in a manner similar to the Badges having unique designs...
  8. Esserise

It was floating. She probably didn't carry it so much as she pulled it along horizontally.
  9. Esserise

Ah, now I'm the one standing corrected. :P I forgot about the Poison and Steel Z-Crystals (though I guess technically you receive the Steelium Z alongside the Electrium Z after beating Sophocles's trial, so it's like a two-for-one).
  10. Esserise

"Most' of them are earned by completing Trials or Grand Trials. You still have to fight, or at least work for them. The only ones that you find randomly or are given to you (aside from the signature Z-Crystals) are the Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Flying, and Bug Z-Crystals (and even the Buginium Z...
  11. Esserise

Far as I'm concerned, Gyms can come back, but not as the boring, cookie-cutter benchmarks that they were.
  12. Esserise

I concur, though I want to point out that the Kalos League had a female majority overall (though only because of Diantha - without her, it's an even split in both Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, and then there was also a male professor and villain team leader). I think this was a much more...
  13. Esserise

Well, in fairness, if it's given away in the opening, then it's probably not really meant to be a twist. :p That scenario wasn't quite like, you know, something like Colress being dressed in such a way that utterly fails to conceal the fact that he's probably allied with Team Plasma.
  14. Esserise

Only in Sun, though. Moon players get a subplot about Mallow. I don't know if they mention it in the Kiawe version, but an interesting bit of trivia from the Malliow one is that Captains can only serve as Captains until they're 20. After that, they have to start looking for a job.
  15. Esserise

Same here. In fact, I was at least 6 levels below the Elite Four when I went in. I don't know how my team pulled through, but those battles were tense. Now, the anti-ginding EXP scaling did come back to bite me in the post-game, when everybody jumps up to Lv63. But I've managed to catch up, so...
  16. Esserise

The official site has updated with profiles for all of the remaining Pokémon (except for Cosmoem and Necrozma), but disappointingly, they don't get full paragraph descriptions like the prerelease Pokémon. It just lists their Dex entries from both versions. Still, the official art is nice.
  17. Esserise

Symbolic connotation > pedantry, though, so that doesn't matter. The sun may physically be a star, but it's a lot more important to us than the others because it has a much more significant influence on our world. And throughout basically all of human history, this has informed artists, poets...
  18. Esserise

Not this cat. I don't think I'd be able to justify the expense even if it were a whole new game... but I am damned certain that I'm not throwing all that money out just to get SM+bonus features. I mean, I honestly think the Switch looks pretty cool, and I think I'd like to get one someday, if...
  19. Esserise

There's kind of a key difference between features that were dropped, and features that were merely put away in the toolbox. Historically, dropped features are the likes of Walking Pokémon, or PR videos, or the DexNav. You know, things that only exist in a game or two, and completely cease to be...
  20. Esserise

"Blatantly shoving it in your face" Again, describing an aggressiveness that isn't actually there. There's no hostility, they're not hanging a Twinkie on a string before you and tugging it away just to be cruel. It's a set dressing. It's there to look pretty. Uh, yeah scenery matters. They...
Back
Top Bottom