Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

So Gladion may be one of my favorite Pokémon character designs. I mean, yes, he looks like a complete edgelord, but he does it so well.
  2. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Nor would I (I would actually love another situation like what was in the Johto games), but it is an all-too-convenient narrative structure for them to allow the climaxes of both the villain plot and the mascot encounter to synchronize. Well, their goals seem small-scale right now. But if you...
  3. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Is it a stretch to think that maybe the Totem Pokémon are "blessed" with their power by the island guardians? Maybe Team Skull will try to capture the guardians so that they can claim that power for themselves, and Totem-ize any Pokémon that they want. We know that Team Skull go around damaging...
  4. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

So, I'm listening to the encounter and battle themes more and more, and I have to say... this may be some of my favorite villain music in the series. The only grunt battle theme that I have liked this much before has been the original Team Plasma battle theme. (Flare's is alright, as is...
  5. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Hell, I would be game for another redeemed villain, period. I know we have Archie, Maxie, N, and Colress, but I just tend to find it more interesting when the villains evolve out of their villainy and we can continue to see them. Not that I would want that every time, of course. We do need some...
  6. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

That is correct. There isn't really any reason to assume that Cyrus is stuck in the Distortion World - you and Cynthia exit with no trouble whatsoever right after Cyrus vows to unlock the Distortion World's secrets and walks off. And you can freely return to the Distortion World later through...
  7. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

I actually prefer the encounter theme. Not that the battle theme is bad, but I find the encounter theme more stylistically unique and unusual for a Pokémon game.
  8. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

I think it was mentioned a few times, but yeah, always optionally unless I'm forgetting.
  9. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

I only remember them having to pay a large amount of money to join the group. Nothing specifically about the outfits.
  10. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Haven't gotten to hear the music yet, but I look forward to it! Okay, I definitely really like Team Skull after this trailer. Guzma especially. Just crouching during battle? What a perfect way to capture his personality. And yeah, I think it was @Mitchman who talked about how all of the teams...
  11. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Taking my part of this conversation over heeeeeeeeeere Yeah, yeah I think this can work. They're not my favorite grunt designs, but they're not bad. (And can we stop saying that they're pirates, now? They very clearly are not pirates.) I'm really liking Guzma and Plumeria's designs, though...
  12. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

I was aware of that. Obviously there were members who were just in it for the power - we see two of them in the Dreamyard, and then Black 2 has a member who says he used to be a part of Team Galactic as well, and we all know how they were. Granted, however, that I always got the impression that...
  13. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Oh, alright, yeah, the boss has won me over.
  14. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Interesting. They have been using flower-themed names an awful lot lately. Zinnia and Aster, and then Lysandre and all of the Flare Scientists and even Malva had names based on flowers as well.
  15. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

This isn't inherently a bad thing, though. Yes, it's lofty, but their logic was at least decent. Maxie would use Groudon's heat waves to dry up some water, thereby opening up more land for development. And, at least in Alpha Sapphire, Archie wanted to raise the sea levels so as to destroy human...
  16. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

I do love the Skull logo, even if I am still not quite sold on the designs. I am warming up to the Leader - I really do wish that he could have been a girl for freaking once, however - and seeing the rest of them in motion will probably help, I bet. Still don't love 'em like I loved Team Flare...
  17. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Personally, I don't mind having another team with loftier or more ideological aims than Team Rocket. I just don't want it to end with me preventing yet another planet-wide catastrophe. Scale it down, Game Freak! That would be interesting, although in regards to the last bit, if they are going...
  18. Esserise

Team Skull Speculation

Team Flare was just going to use the weapon to kill everybody except for them, straight-up. No making everybody immortal/draining the life force from everybody. In both games, Lysandre gives the same spiel about reviving the weapon and eliminating everybody who isn't in Team Flare because the...
Back
Top Bottom