Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

[SPOILERS] The story of Sun&Moon

Beats me. That part seemed like it was thrown in just for the sake of making her seem more psychotic. On a tangentially related note, though, I appreciated that there was an NPC in one of the Pokémon Centers who actively wondered about whether or not Pokémon in the PC are conscious. Well, the...
  2. Esserise

I probably need to correct myself slightly - it's possible that she was exposed to the neurotoxins during the time that she was in Ultra Space, and therefore her whole rant at Lillie in US would have been toxin-influenced, but the games don't actively suggest even that much. But it doesn't seem...
  3. Esserise

Or Bulu is an anti-capitalist
  4. Esserise

Surely there are better ways to spend your time. Not that it'd take a lot of time, but... :p That's true - and what we know of Team Skull's origins (they formed out of the remnants of a group that organized around a previous kahuna and were struck down by the tapu) doesn't make it sound as...
  5. Esserise

Depends on how you read into it, really. In Y, all he says before activating the weapon is that he'll "show you what its remaining power can do," which just feels like a case of Never Say "Die". Given that the weapon is fueled by Yveltal in that game, there's little room to doubt that he just...
  6. Esserise

Then again, I don't think there's any reason the believe that the blast would have made him invulnerable as well as immortal, so under all those rocks, he'd probably be a mangled mess of bones and sinew at best, or a puddle at worst... and I suspect (I can't confirm, but I suspect) that...
  7. Esserise

Well, they were never going to talk about Necrozma very much. It's surprising that they acknowledged it as much as they did. Personally, I think Solgaleo/Lunala are actually the ones with the most left to say. We actually learn a decent little amount about the tapu. We know that they're...
  8. Esserise

I agree to a point here. SM do lack the thorough ideological cohesion of BW. But at the same time, I don't think they're really aiming for that sort of tone... SM's story feels more casual to me, so I don't particularly mind that every element isn't deeply interwoven. But, in a way that's...
  9. Esserise

Oh for god's sake. The dude is DEAD, dude. What makes you think she had anything planned? Last we heard, she made a deal with Looker to help catch Xerosic, and cooperated fully - this exchange was presumably akin to WITSEC. Also, I don't normally like to drag in conversations from other...
  10. Esserise

@Bolt the Cat: Realistically I'm aware that they can't pop out a BW- or SM-level shake-up every time. But I think it's important to maximize the difference in experience wherever possible. Logistically, the experience that Hoenn remakes would offer had less concentrated overlap with whatever a...
  11. Esserise

So, another Kalos game would have basically featured a more dialogue-heavy fetch quest, capped off by a repeat of almost every Legendary plot climax ever? And that's... better? Yay, more dialogue and cutscenes... I guess. Zygarde is right where it belongs - keeping its mouth shut so it can add...
  12. Esserise

I don't think there's any particular reason to think it was a character that we know of - there are lots of people in the world; any of them could have been caught in a wormhole. The common thinking on this is that the Looker we saw in ORAS was also a Faller. Not only does he have amnesia, but...
  13. Esserise

Zygarde is present in these games in order to add extra content to these games, which is, frankly, a more creative and worthwhile use for it than being the "justification" for overpriced glorified DLC. Plot-wise, Zygarde just doesn't have much to contribute, but this shouldn't be a surprise. XY...
  14. Esserise

It's unclear. ORAS says that the opposite Orb has a calming effect on them (it's why they tell you to fit the Orb into the Magma/Aqua suit before meeting Groudon/Kyogre). But in RSE, presenting them with the opposite Orb very clearly enrages them. So best I can figure is that the opposite Orb...
  15. Esserise

I think that the characters that have returned have all been comparatively minor enough for it not to matter. Grimsley's a cardboard cut-out like most Elite Four members Burnet's a talking head from a side-app The Karate King in XY has always been a very minor character Looker was just comic...
  16. Esserise

Ohmygosh. How did I miss this. I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but the second Primal event, where Rayquaza first Mega Evolved at Sootopolis, couldn't have happened in the RSE timeline, because we know that RSE-Sootopolis formed out of a dormant volcano rather than a meteor impact...
  17. Esserise

It Mega Evolved during the second Primal conflict, when the meteor struck Sootopolis. But there was a conflict that took place 1000 years before that, where it isn't said to have Mega Evolved. Essentially, regular Rayquaza has enough power to subdue the Primals, but only Mega Rayquaza can sap...
  18. Esserise

Why do you say that? It stopped them once in ORAS Hoenn without Mega Evolving.
  19. Esserise

It's not "explained" outright in the sense of being spelled out for us, but it is suggested by Prof. Burnet that Z-Power is derived from the energy that pours out of the Ultra Wormholes. That is also the energy that Totem Pokémon draw on to form their defensive aura, and given that the animation...
  20. Esserise

Alright, I've got to go on a bit of a rant here. It's not really a problem on this site, but I frankly am sick of this fandom's tendency to force """""dark""""" """""themes""""" into the games. People seem to be going gaga over how "dark" the Pokédex entries are this time. But for god's sake...
Back
Top Bottom