Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

If you have access to the Internet, then chances are that you have access to some sort of word processor. Is it so hard to type out your progress? Sure, it's not ideal, but you don't "absolutely need" the game to do it for you. I mean, if you're able to go onto these forums to lament the...
  2. Esserise

I mean, as I said, I did complete the Pokédex, and I don't think I could care less about whether they're "registered" or whatever; they're all in my PC and it's satisfying enough to look at there. I don't really see how a vague status of "registration" would improve that feeling. I did the work...
  3. Esserise

I understand the appeal of completing the Pokédex, of course. I've done it too, after all. What I'm saying is: I never really got the impression that it was very popular to complete the National Dex from scratch every generation. I'd thought it was more common to complete it in whatever...
  4. Esserise

Personally, to be honest, I was surprised that anybody cared about the National Dex at all. Is there a particularly large contingent of people who try to complete the National Dex bare-knuckled, from scratch, every generation, rather than simply transferring up their completed Dex and catching...
  5. Esserise

Only if you're speaking broadly and in terms of game structure. In terms of the actual narrative, he didn't "make himself Champion" at all. He's approaching you as a challenger. The game specifically calls us Alola's first-ever Champion. The position wasn't held by Kukui. It's somewhat of a...
  6. Esserise

I don't think that logic means much when, as you said, it's never been a factor from day one. Only just now do they start? It looks exactly like what it is, a cobbled justification for the game not being able to be as in-depth as previous entries, which in reality is probably due to...
  7. Esserise

What "huge amounts of space"? And how did Alola not do this? Be specific. Please say "Southern Kalos" and mention those two tissue-thin references that were either in a map description that no one reads or locked behind an event and in a notebook that players are given virtually no directive...
  8. Esserise

XY are just as upfront about what you can and cannot explore, too. The only time they really aren't is the power plants. I look at Vaniville, and everything is explorable. Aquacorde has two filler buildings, and it's clear that you can't go in them (no doors). Santalune has three filler...
  9. Esserise

What XY did you play? XY aren't anywhere near as consistently guilty of putting up fake doors, or making single rooms look like huge, expansive buildings. XY's larger buildings actually have multiple rooms. The worst cases of façades in XY are Lumiose, for understandable reasons, and the power...
  10. Esserise

I think that's something the fandom (myself included) built up far more than the promotion did. Really, the only part of the marketing that I remember putting their nature into question didn't even really do so directly; it's just that we extrapolated from this sentence: > "Ultra Beasts possess...
  11. Esserise

That is true. And even I think the ones we have are enough - but I think it makes more sense to unload them all at once under one umbrella as a generational gimmick, rather than parceling them out over a long stretch of time. Fair enough. Personally, I think that would feel like a retread of...
  12. Esserise

When it comes down to it, lore in the games is a useless superficiality. It's something that can be good and that I enjoy having, sure, but it's not like the games would wither and die without it. It's not like the majority of Pokémon have some complex story behind them; they all exist primarily...
  13. Esserise

Doing it that way was also entirely optional. Maybe not immediately back when access to the Internet wasn't as ubiquitous, but certainly as time has gone on. There's never been anything stopping anyone from Googling a type chart. The strategy guides include them. The Pokétch let you test moves...
  14. Esserise

Um, did you actually go through the trouble of completing the National Dex for Gen 5, and then completing it all over again from scratch with no transfers for Gen 6? That seems rather painstaking. But if that's not what you did, then I don't see why the change should matter. You would have only...
  15. Esserise

The whole point of her is that she starts out meek and then learns to stand up for herself.
  16. Esserise

Back in my day, we had to deal with dial-up Internet! I couldn't even call your Auntie Mab if one of the sprouts was browsing the World Wide Web! Why should today's youngsters get to fiddle on the computer and play their video games and call their friends all at the same time!? Why, they don't...
  17. Esserise

That's a lot of Dex entries to have to make, and all just for the relatively pointless purpose of flavor text. Besides, many of the new entries are referring specifically to those Pokémon's niches in Alola, which National Dex Pokémon wouldn't have. I am certain that even if there were a...
  18. Esserise

In fairness, it's floating on its own and it's not anchored to anything, so she's probably not actually lugging the full weight of it around by herself. Nothing wrong with Lillie trying to look more like Buzzwole than Nihilego, though.
  19. Esserise

No, being frail and defenseless is a major point of Cosmog. It's described in the legends as a "fragile heir," which the tapu are tasked with protecting. Cosmog can't protect itself - all it can do is teleport away, and even that can put a terrible strain on its body.
  20. Esserise

We learn about Pheromosa's pheromones from Wicke.
Back
Top Bottom