Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

Spoilers Rainbow Rocket and the 4 timelines

The difference is Doylist vs. Watsonian. It’s one thing for the bad guys to be doomed to fail because of the external fact that Game Freak obviously aren’t going to make a game in which the player can fail to stop them. But it feels distinctly different when they are actually doomed to fail...
  2. Esserise

Yep, at the very least. Even before then, we had Gen 4 toying around with parallel dimensions (which aren’t technically the same thing, but they’re somewhat similar and everybody conflates them anyway). But really, a multiverse was always a natural interpretation of the “Version” format that...
  3. Esserise

I don’t see any reason why the ultimate weapon wouldn’t be able to cause a global genocide. The thing is a beast and we’re never told it won’t work. Regarding Archie and Maxie, it’s clear that you can control Kyogre and Groudon for some duration of time if you have the correct Orb, since that’s...
  4. Esserise

Well they’re not doing that anyway, so...
  5. Esserise

Except it says pretty much nothing about their attitude toward player characters... depending on the flavor of multiverse theory they’re using, there could be god-knows-how-many variations of reality. In some (i.e., the games we played), the protagonists won. In others (i.e., the disposable...
  6. Esserise

Well, no, not quite. Archie and Maxie only wanted to expand the ocean/land. They didn’t want it to cover the world, and they didn’t intend for Kyogre or Groudon to be as powerful as they turned out to be. A scenario in which the world is either completely flooded or rendered totally barren and...
  7. Esserise

Honestly there are probably hundreds and hundreds, if not outright innumerable universes with all manner of different outcomes.
Back
Top Bottom