• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

Space World 1997 demo for Pokemon Gold leaked

Technically it would be Friendship, because Affection isn’t the only condition that needs to be fulfilled in order to evolve it into Sylveon. It also needs to know a Fairy-type move when it levels up. If it does, then Affection will take precedence. Although the Moss and Ice Rocks override even...
  2. Esserise

I’m not sure how much they’d care about that... after all, in Gen 3, Lickitung can learn Rollout and Piloswine can learn Ancient Power, and yet that’s how both of them evolve in Gen 4. Granted, the actual evolution method of evolving by leveling up while knowing a specific move hadn’t been...
  3. Esserise

Well, I’m not exactly opposed to what you’re saying here; in general, what you’re suggesting would be perfectly reasonable. My point was simply that the current setup is likely the way it is by intention, rather than being some mess that the programmers have yet to clean up.
  4. Esserise

Yes, but again, that’s the point. The Moss/Ice Rock evolutions are sort of like a hybrid of the previous two evolution methods. Elemental stones of some sort are involved, but the evolution is ignited by leveling up in the presence of a specific environmental influence (as it is with Espeon and...
  5. Esserise

How is it “kind of stupid” when those Rocks have yet to be any kind of problem at all? Every region has had a forest and a cold area anyway, and I think it’s pretty unlikely that they ever won’t. Game Freak love their early-game bugs and their ice-sliding puzzles too much. While we’re at it...
  6. Esserise

That isn’t really a case where any streamlining would be warranted, though. Correlation to evolutionary stones is clearly not the point of the Eeveelutions; the point is that Eevee evolves differently based on different external pressures. Sometimes those pressures turn out to be evolutionary...
  7. Esserise

I can’t believe we actually have an official answer to work with in the “are they cats or dogs” debate Edit: Wait a second those tweets seem to be from 2012!?! It’s been here all this time!?!???
  8. Esserise

Well, that’s precisely what I was getting at - that it would likely just be a few comments from NPCs, and that a couple lines of dialogue isn’t really a subplot by any measure. A subplot is like the Kanto Pokémon Federation shenanigans on the Sevii Islands in FRLG, or having to get medicine for...
  9. Esserise

A subplot? In Gen 2? Maybe by a verrrrrry generous definition of "subplot." :P
  10. Esserise

The more that I look at it, the more I actually prefer the beta Hitmontop. It looks a lot more monstrous than the original, and consequently feels more closely related to the other two Hitmons, particularly Lee. The body shape also looks tougher and more unique.
  11. Esserise

True. I vote for Oozeon, since it sweats poison, and I think it sounds just as phonetically complementary to Espeon as Umbreon does. Starting with vowels (but still a heavier one than the soft e in Espeon), stays at three syllables, and all that. In any case, I think it's hilarious that the...
  12. Esserise

The skateboard is pretty sweet, I must say. I know we've known about that for ages, but I've never commented on it, and this is the first time I've seen it in action. I wish that had made it into the games. I don't really like the Starters. "Bayleef" is a complete what-the-fuck, and the other...
  13. Esserise

I assume Giovanni would have gone legit, much like how Generations interpreted it, and eventually earned himself a spot in the Elite Four. Honestly, how did we end up with a literal who like Will when we could have had that?
  14. Esserise

Snow in the GBC aesthetic is utterly breathtaking. And I really wish that dead forest route was real.
  15. Esserise

My god, we actually have some tangible idea of what the rest of Poké-Japan looks like: There’s a tear in my eye, Monfrèrenos. <=’) Mappers, cartographers, I beseech you! Expand these to the furthest reaches of your imaginations! (Also, hi Gen 2 Hoenn!)
  16. Esserise

Chiks is really intriguing to me. It loses a head as it evolves, but then grows it back when it evolves again. Obviously this post-dates the demo by a huge degree, but Doduo’s FRLG Pokédex entry mentions that it was discovered as a “sudden mutation.” Maybe that concept was on their minds back...
  17. Esserise

(I never felt it was something that needed explaining; I took it to be an interesting biological quirk, nothing more. :p) It is interesting though, because it suggests that they didn’t exactly set out to make the Eeveelutions all correspond to Special types. Not that I’ve ever placed much value...
  18. Esserise

> Umbreon was meant to be Poison-type Fake news
  19. Esserise

Damn, we're just rolling in the beta stuff lately. I love it. I like a lot of the Beta Babies. Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Elekid are all quite cute, and I'd almost say that Smoochum is an improvement. I'm not at all keen on that Bart Simpson Magby, however I LOVE that Tangela pre-evolution...
Back
Top Bottom