Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

eh, fuck it Yes, color palette/filter does affect this sort of thing, but we don't have to view this in strict, binary, right-or-wrong terms. Artistic choices can have defensible angles to them while still being open to criticism, as all art should be, because nothing exists in a vacuum. What...
  2. Esserise

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield Wingull and semantics of the catchphrase discussion thread (Updated June 21st, 2019)
  3. Esserise

I don't really see how it's inherently a bad idea. We battle Giovanni and every other villain boss multiple times. I would think it just depends on the needs of the story and/or progression. Functionally it's just like what you'd have if BW threw a few Veteran Shauns at you in Victory Road...
  4. Esserise

Again, not that I think the leak is real, but haven't online fans been complaining about the difficulty for several generations now? Isn't this the kind of thing they'd like? An extra boss rush against all the Gym Leaders with fully-powered teams before facing the real final challenge? Or to...
  5. Esserise

I don't really see any reason to believe that post, unless I'm missing something. (I definitely don't remember telling any of my friends about that stuff.) That being said, just taking this as a hypothetical, it could be less "you MUST fight us again before we reissue your Badge" and more...
  6. Esserise

Monster collection games were a mistake.
  7. Esserise

Quite, though I dislike the term "true fan."
  8. Esserise

but who's to say they couldn't just do like they did in SM and have all Pokémon available while only offering the shiny charm for completing the regional?
  9. Esserise

saying even as someone who's not affected at all by Dexit, i dont really get the point of that #DontBringBack counter-campaign. Pure contrarianism? like, if they do re-add the missing pokémon, the resultant experience literally won't be any different from the last twenty games i played in which...
  10. Esserise

i'm pretty sure wingull is supposed to glide like that and the double kick animation well... not that i can't see peoples' problem with it but personally i think it's kinda... cute? how it just goes Hop... POW! i guess i dig it, and besides, that's really only an issue with certain moves; there...
  11. Esserise

i have a feeling that satoshi tajiri doesn't approve of b2W2, pink lemonade, the seventh season of doctor who, or gay rights. just a hunch invoking the iconography of this creator and projecting my feelings onto them without any proof that they actually share said sentiment is definitely a Good...
  12. Esserise

I was referring to the original RS teams. Everything's a downgrade if compared to Emerald, but we already know they weren't using that as their template. For what it's worth, I do tend to agree that Liza and Tate's team should have been drawn from Emerald, and with @Zweilous's point about...
  13. Esserise

Ehh... for one thing, we don't really know how Game Freak work internally. People tend to assume that Masuda is some monarch and that everyone else there secretly hates his guts and wishes he would keel over already so that they could finally concentrate on making the True Game for the True...
  14. Esserise

It will be far worse than that, I'm afraid. The failure of Pokémon Sword and Shield will be so profound that the Earth itself will crack beneath Nintendo's headquarters, plunging it into the depths of the molten core. Microsoft and Sony will embark on a technological arms race in an attempt to...
  15. Esserise

why would arceus be thousand-fist-punching those sweeties? plus, they only cover three of the Plate types. (also Arceus is twice as tall as the trio so are we sure about "giants"? i'm as tall as Regirock!) especially since it says the "shards of the universe" became the plates when the universe...
  16. Esserise

and the npc who mentions a moondial in XY is going to be relevant in sun & moon
  17. Esserise

"The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate." It won't turn out to be Dynamax, but the legend does mention giants.
  18. Esserise

I already consider Go and Let's Go to be my "reboot" - all of the Pokémon that I caught in previous games are going to be staying forever warm in USUM, just because I thought it would be fun to start over. So of course I'm still getting the games - my partner and I are very excited about them...
  19. Esserise

I doubt they'll actually go and increase the amount of to-be-revealed content by any significant amount. I would think that part of their reason for telling us about Dexit when they did was so that it would fall on the earlier end of the promotional cycle, with lots of news and reveals already...
Back
Top Bottom