Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

That's not why people say it's overpowered, though. Generally, the problems that people note with Dynamax are that it doesn't require a held item or any other equivalent drawback (and subsequently that it bypasses the Choice Band/Scarf lock), and that certain Max Moves are able to very quickly...
  2. Esserise

Calyrex fighting alongside the wolves doesn't really make sense. The original (distorted) version of the story is that there was a single hero who fought off the Darkest Day using a sword and shield, but we learn over the course of the game that that version was wrong, and that there were...
  3. Esserise

I don’t think they really are similar. Consider: Totem auras boost can everything except HP =/= Dynamax only boosts HP Totem Pokémon actually are physically larger =/= Dynamax Pokémon are just spatially warped illusions that appear larger Totem Pokémon don’t use any unique moves, not even...
  4. Esserise

There's still competitive battling, where it's going to be a much bigger factor than it is in single-player. It is probably more in that regard that they felt removing Megas and Z-Moves was the simplest option, rather than anything to do with how Dynamax is used in the main storyline campaign.
  5. Esserise

Well in that regard I don't think G-Maxes are really supposed to be darting around? They are more the sort of lumbering monolithic beasts because that's how giants tend to be depicted. It's the regular Pokémon that are supposed to be darting around them.
  6. Esserise

Also it’s fueled by a scary queen Xenomorph dragon from distant space, so, that adds I mean... to be fair, battles in general consist largely of the Pokémon standing still. That was an issue before Dynamax. I sort of half and half agree here. I’m with you in that Megas are not totally...
  7. Esserise

I’m not trying to say that they’re revolutionarily different, just that, since you mentioned Snorlax and Garbodor’s moves as the only other examples that do something different, that claim is not accurate. Many G-Max Moves make the same sort of adjustments that you gave partial credit to...
  8. Esserise

That’s not true. The actual attack sequences were unique, but only two exclusive Z-Moves have custom dances - Catastropika and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. All of the others use the standard dances for that type. (Light That Burns the Sky had the small touch of the player keeling over from being...
  9. Esserise

Well, here's the in-game dialogue about it: The games are not very ambiguous about this. It is not a true size increase... but I also don't think "hologram" conveys the right idea, as it sounds too artificial or "fake." The reason why Dynamax works the way that it does is because it is an...
  10. Esserise

I don’t think it really makes that much of a difference as far as “making something of the concept” goes Although to be pedantic, I don’t think it’s really a “projection” so much as space itself being warped so that the Pokémon’s atoms take up more space than they actually would according to...
  11. Esserise

Oh I like this. That's a good thought - while I don't think it would make raids much more challenging, it would be more interesting, for sure, and probably more effective at improving the partners than simply buffing their AI. (Now that I think about it, it would also give the Move Deleter a...
  12. Esserise

Help me here - what are those "failings" exactly? In what tactical areas are you deficient that you would like Max Raid bosses to exploit? It's pretty much always going to come down to AI one way or the other. Either they crank the AI and the RNG up to increasingly advantageous levels, or they...
  13. Esserise

I’d say it’s the partners that need improving in that regard, rather than the move mechanics. And you can always reset for different partners. And shitty though the AI partners may be, just earlier tonight I managed to take down a 5-star G-Max Coalossal with my Sirfetch’d. I was playing...
  14. Esserise

In my experience I've hardly ever needed them to. Raids where four chaps roll up all with their own Zacian and go to town don't last very long, even with the barriers. With the amount of damage they do, I think the "flavor" idea is that they are able to pretty much just bypass the barrier.
  15. Esserise

One regular, highly-distributed move being able to fully dismantle the barrier with no drawbacks would be insanely overpowered. I could see an argument that Hyper Beam-tier moves should get to break two bars like Max Moves do since you have to recharge (and actually now that I mention it, I...
  16. Esserise

I worded it poorly, but I didn't mean to suggest all of the code was literally brand-new or anything like that. I'm aware that LGPE recycles plenty of old data. I just meant that it seems like a little more of LGPE was newly developed stuff than usual, and maybe, speculating here, that included...
  17. Esserise

But was that Dynamax's fault? They'd already been doing that in every 3D game aside from LGPE. To me that seems like they have a routine implementation system that they use for the mainline games and that LGPE were developed a little differently from the ground-up.
  18. Esserise

I think I kinda get what they were trying to do with how Gigantamax forms are implemented. Their catch rate in an online Max Raid is akin to that of Legendary Pokémon, and well... there's the clue. Think of them as this game's Mirage Spot/Ultra Wormhole Legendaries. A repeatable element meant to...
  19. Esserise

Incentive bonus for buying/using Home, and because I figure the data of GO and Let's Go Pokémon will need to be changed up a bit when brought over to Sword & Shield anyway - like I said, giving them a guaranteed G-Max Factor could be just like the virtual console RBY/GSC Pokémon getting their...
  20. Esserise

Game Freak have a nasty habit of not doing everything I expect them to, but I wonder if the plan is to have Pokémon that you bring over from Home (or maybe just from GO/Let's Go via Home? Data-wise, wouldn't the Pokémon from GO and Let's Go need more of a realignment than ones from Sun & Moon...
Back
Top Bottom