Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

They never said that all players would be able to obtain the re-added Pokémon through raids. The direct only mentions Link Trading and transferring through HOME as methods of obtaining them without purchasing the DLC.
  2. Esserise

Technically speaking, every main series game can be finished within mere hours. For what it's worth, it took me a little less than a week to get through Sword on the first run, but that never really struck me as a problem. The story and the pace kept me engaged and I was excited to continue...
  3. Esserise

Well let's look at the integration of older Fire-type families in previous base games' regional Dexes: GS - Vulpix (in Silver), Growlithe (in Gold), Magmar, Flareon (but it's post-game), and Ponyta (but it's at Victory Road) for a total of 5, but your game is only going to have 2 available...
  4. Esserise

Probably Bead, since in Japanese his name is Beet, as in beetroot, hence the color of his jacket.
  5. Esserise

They're going to become the third best-selling Pokémon games, at the very least.
  6. Esserise

Something I actually do find annoying in regards to evolution is having to press B every time a Pokémon that I don’t want evolved levels up. Like, if I’m trying to use an Eviolite G-Corsola in-game. It’d be nice if they adjusted the Eviolite to also work as an Everstone (if you ever didn’t want...
  7. Esserise

Super-duper late to point out something so relatively innocuous but I love how brief the evolution sequence is now. (Although, I still think it would be a nice bit of qol if they had a little message in the corner saying "press B to cancel" - instead of just having an NPC (whom you might not...
  8. Esserise

Lately I've been going through and charting the use of advertiser logos throughout the game, based on the ones you can send Pokémon to work for through Poké Jobs. This is an aspect of SwoShi that I'm very fond of; it's a really nice bit of attention to detail. So far I've spotted: Yoshida's...
  9. Esserise

I got to Piers's Gym again last night, and I realized that what makes his introductory scene even more awkward than him simply not having voice acting is that he doesn't have any voice acting even though his crowd of Yell grunts are making (granted, simulated) vocal noises and cheers. It's such...
  10. Esserise

Scattered things I think ultimately I like that they retained the decision from Let's Go to merge the Affection and Friendship mechanics. Those concepts really were a bit too similar. Along with all the other odds and ends they tidied up, like adding the Rotom Catalog, giving the Dream Ball a...
  11. Esserise

@ Game Freak Okay models being complicated, I get. But look I am a 100% amateur when it comes to spritework. I have zero prior experience. But it took me about an hour and a half in MS Paint to slap together some small edits to the menu sprites so that Gen 4 and earlier gender differences are...
  12. Esserise

I mentioned this in the "what did/didn't you like thread," but I really do wish that the game kept a record of out previous League cards. I also think it would be cool if we could have both a common and a rare one like all the NPCs. On the subject of Shinies, it seems like kind of a missed...
  13. Esserise

Nice little detail: After you beat the game, the eight type-themed banners on Motostoke Stadium's exterior are all replaced with generic print banners featuring the League logo, because now that the Gym Challenge is over, the Gyms we battled have done their part, and there will need to be...
  14. Esserise

One dataminer suspects that Game Freak may actually have wanted to have all 18 Gyms be challengeable at some point in development, as there is a string of unused Trainer classes in the code that would accommodate two Gym Trainers per Minor League Gym. Personally I don't think we should assume...
  15. Esserise

The story is more than just the evil villain plot. The story is also yours and Hop's and Sonia's and Bede's respective arcs. He's pretty up-front about it: "Our lives and society require various types of energy sources, such as electricity, natural gas, and water. My associate groups aim to...
  16. Esserise

Getting pretty bored of the daily grind for Milcery sweets. These double battles with the café owners are now completely tedious - pitting my Lv100 Weezing and Coalossal against a <Lv20 Milcery and Swirlix just so that I can have a chance at getting a sweet is time-wasting overkill. Just let me...
  17. Esserise

I think it's largely just a matter of how they approach certain things from the outset. People took it the wrong way, but there was that comment someone from GF made about how they spent six months working on getting the grass textures to a point they were satisfied with. I think they put a lot...
  18. Esserise

You know, I think if I'm feeling the impact of Dexit anywhere, it's in the Wild Area after beating the game. Max Raids are fun and all, but I've completed the Galar Dex aside from Zamazenta, and this place would be a lot more interesting if I had any more reason to care about the Pokémon walking...
  19. Esserise

I still don't understand why Rotom wasn't in the Alola Dex even though it was literally in the Alola Dex. At least they corrected that this time.
  20. Esserise

I suppose, though it’s hard to really assess because there really is nothing different between Unovan Pokémon battling and Galarian Pokémon battling other than Dynamax (and realistically that’s just because the Unova games predate the notion of regional battle transformations) and the Gyms being...
Back
Top Bottom