Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

What do you NOT miss about the older games?

Yeah. Since you put it like that, it kind of reminds of countless other RPGs that'll have like a "base camp" sort of area in between missions, where you can restock on stuff and prepare the best equipment and such. Incidentally, I know it isn't long on function, but lately in my Ultra Sun...
  2. Esserise

The everywhere PC in LGPE/SwSh is nice, but I actually don't mind having to go to the stationary PC in older games. :P Something about it just feels "right," still. But perhaps that's just because I make frequent stops at Pokémon Centers anyway, and don't tend to change my team around very much.
  3. Esserise

I genuinely hate the low health music from Gen 5. That is the one exception to my otherwise unanimous praise for that Gen’s experimentation with dynamic music, because the low health theme pretty much only ever interrupts themes that are already good. Idc that I’m about to faint, I want to keep...
  4. Esserise

Sure, but it's like going from Rotom saying something like 8% of the time to saying something only 1% of the time. It really wasn't that constant during the storyline of SM, especially not if you're the type who takes a while to play through the game.
  5. Esserise

Nothing fundamental about the Rotom Dex in SM is different before or after the League, so it doesn't "stop" per se, it just runs out of story flags to respond to. But it still regurgitates one of ten or whatever dialogue lines whenever you boot up the game (and you have to let it finish talking...
  6. Esserise

I think it's more of an inference. In a series where you venture into the wilderness with a team of magical creatures that have become your friends, it makes sense for there to be some obstacles where you work together with those creatures' unique strengths in order to progress, instead of just...
  7. Esserise

Let's Go did this, but I think it only quasi-made sense there because Pikachu/Eevee stays glued to your body even if they're not on your team. In general, the thought of creating a whole extra Pokémon slot that's just there for the sake of clearing obstacles and can't do anything else feels...
  8. Esserise

I always thought Kalos (and Unova for that matter) was pretty good about HMs. Obviously I don't miss them now that they're totally gone, but they never felt too intrusive to me in Gen 5 and XY.
  9. Esserise

It's less of a step backwards and more of a step sideways. The real underlying problem with single-use TMs was their usual non-renewability, meaning that you only ever got that one chance to teach the move to a Pokémon, with no take-backs. That, and even the renewable ones would sometimes be a...
  10. Esserise

Sadly though, Gen 6 was the peak of sitting. Gen 7 took it out altogether for... some reason, and even though it's back now, sitting there is the only thing you can do, whereas in Gen 6 you could access your menus, talk to other NPCs on the bench, and even save your game there, usually with a...
  11. Esserise

A visual aid: (It never looked very comfortable to me; yes the PC is a child but a cat's anatomy is just not built for that kind of thing.)
  12. Esserise

It's completely optional, save for Pikachu and Eevee always being on your shoulder/head, but that's more a conceit of those specific games since they're remakes of Yellow and as such the Starters never evolve. That being said, the system in Let's Go isn't 100% flawless - there's no bike in...
  13. Esserise

Really they should just do like Let's Go and let the player choose which one they want to send out (if anything at all). Everybody wins.
  14. Esserise

Virtually every Pokémon being able to learn Toxic by TM never made much sense, so I'm glad that's gone. Also, in terms of aesthetics rather than gameplay, I'm glad they dropped the whole "Version" thing in the English titles. Coinciding with X and Y was nice and tidy, but I can't help but wish...
  15. Esserise

Indeed, but for me, Sword & Shield was already a step in the right direction. The graphical quality and the characters all look pretty good to me, and the overworld isn't as in-depth as I'd like, but I'm more satisfied with it than I was with Alola. The Switch most certainly can do more, but...
  16. Esserise

Seemingly at the expense of the overworld having any real depth, though. Scaling up the player avatars also means scaling up the overworld, which means we get things like the Hano Grand Resort consisting of a whole one room as opposed to something like the Hotel Richissime, which had several...
  17. Esserise

That's right! I forgot that they changed how they worked. And I actually liked those two quite a bit, because the weather that came with them made the encounter feel a little more out-of-the-ordinary as well. None of the other roamers changed anything about the overworld - you'd just wander in...
  18. Esserise

I want to say that there must be a way to make this concept work in a way that's fun. Randomizing their location whenever you enter a new area definitely isn't it. Maybe it could be partially time-based. Like, during a certain time of day, it will be guaranteed to appear on certain routes, and...
  19. Esserise

As far as game design goes, I'd pretty much echo what's been said so far - HMs (my god Corviknight Taxi is the best thing ever), slow walking speed, pre-phys/spec split, limited TMs, shallow Dex selection, bad movepools. I also don't miss the lack of transparency/accessibility when it came to...
Back
Top Bottom