• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

• Users: Esserise
  • With Pokémon UNITE thread
  • Content: Threads, Posts
  • Order by date
  1. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

I mean, I honestly just don't think it's that big of a deal, anyway. This is a spin-off game in which species collection isn't the aim of the gameplay, and breeding doesn't exist. Maybe there's a gameplay reason behind it, but frankly, it could also just be fanservice, plain and simple. After...
  2. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

I mean, there could easily be a balance logic behind it Notice how in addition to having baby stages, none of those Pokémon can evolve, either? (Barring Pikachu generally, but it doesn't evolve into Raichu in UNITE anyway.) That can potentially add a strategic element. Some Pokémon on the...
  3. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

Pragmatically speaking, Snorlax, Lucario, and Mr. Mime are all far more iconic and recognizable than their baby stages. But then again, you could probably say the same about Greninja in relation to Froakie and Frogadier, so it probably is just because of the Baby thing. For whatever reason, I...
  4. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

"People actually giving the game a chance, spurring rehabilitation after initial negative reception" phase incoming
  5. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

There was also that Bellossom facestand in the tourist shops, plus the plant vases in the Hano Grand Resort that resembled Oddish (which an NPC explicitly mentioned). And Swirlix in the Thrifty Megamart, and Slurpuff as the mascot for the malasada joints - also commented on by an NPC in USUM...
  6. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

It can (though I will say that personally, every instance of review bombing I've ever encountered or heard of has been negative, which to me makes sense because people on the Internet love to shit on things and make sure that others know it), but that doesn't mean it always does. If the...
  7. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

I don't think that's anything new, I think that's a technical problem within YouTube. Even without factoring in bot auditing that could be registering some reaction input as spam, analytics can get buggy. Here's a similar issue report that somebody filed last year describing much the same...
  8. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

Before we get all conspiratorial, I don't think it's technically possible to remove a certain segment of dislikes from a YouTube video on a whim (I mean, if they really wanted to hide the controversy, they could just disable reactions altogether). I suspect the heavy influx of dislikes may just...
  9. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

It absolutely is, but at the same time, it's not as if anyone's hands were clean before now. Nintendo itself has been linked to child labor and slave labor in China before.
  10. Esserise

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

It's fine. Interesting to see them trying out a new genre, and I think it being on the Switch as well as mobile will help widen the potential audience. This sort of game isn't really my thing, but Call of Duty: Mobile released last year from Tencent/TiMi and was the largest mobile game launch...
Back
Top Bottom