Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

Your controversial opinions

My contention is mainly that I think you're painting with a broad brush. This statement would be fine on its own, albeit unspecific in terms of addressing 1) what elements of Gen 5 people uphold as positives, and 2) why you think those elements are not as good as people believe. But the next...
  2. Esserise

Saying this as a longtime Gen 5 fan, I do feel like those games are a little overhyped, but I think a lot of that just has to do with it being their "turn" on the nostalgia cycle. People who played the games when they were younger are looking back on them now and reminiscing about what they...
  3. Esserise

This might be less of a controversial opinion and more of a controversial "I don't get it / clearly I'm not seeing the problem other people are seeing," but I've been replaying Sword to tide myself over while I wait for BDSP, and I can't help but feel like the game... actually is balanced pretty...
  4. Esserise

For a lot of people, they are. GSC get no shortage of love either.
  5. Esserise

I think Dexit is as sure a sign as any that they don't intend to stop anytime soon. Like, if they knew in advance that they were going to "stop at 1,000" or something like that, then I don't think they'd need to implement such a measure. Dexit is meant as a long-term solution that will allow...
  6. Esserise

Disregarding the gender connotation, I actually am quite fond of both Heracross horns. The original pronged look is definitely cool, but while I doubt this is what GF had in mind, the Pokédex often talks about Heracross slipping its horn underneath an opponent's belly and then flipping them...
  7. Esserise

I also feel like the sexism critiques are a little overblown. There are 100 Pokémon with gender differences, and I think only 6 of them go for something stereotypically feminine. Pikachu, Eevee, and Heracross implement hearts in their designs, and like @GiratinasEmbodiment said, you have...
  8. Esserise

Since when is this something the series has ever gotten even remotely close to suggesting Literally in the most recent games alone: Leon, Gordie, Piers, Avery… hell, even Mustard, goofy as his styling is
  9. Esserise

By far, I think the former is not a controversial opinion at all. However, I also think that a lot of people who wish that an upgraded Kalos game had been made do understand why it wasn't, but that knowledge isn't enough to cancel out their disappointment. I can only speak anecdotally...
  10. Esserise

See, but that's kinda what I'm getting at. We don't know what exactly it takes to get even the extant animations - which certainly had a lot of work put into them and could be considered "high-quality" - ported onto the Switch successfully. It's obviously not as simple as just copying them over...
  11. Esserise

I mean, it's not exactly pretty. But even a masterpiece like BOTW has a few ugly textures here and there. SwSh just needed a model that would suffice, and this tree gets the job done. Like @Daren and @Enzo said, the tree was really just an overly-fixated-on scapegoat, or... maybe a shorthand...
  12. Esserise

Actually, as of the SwSh base set, Poison has indeed been folded under the Darkness umbrella. (Additionally, Fairy as its own thing was (semi-)abolished, and is now folded under Psychic instead.) (On that note, while I agree overall that it wouldn’t make sense for the core games to implement...
  13. Esserise

My headcanon answer has always been that words like "mouse" and "raven" are basically the Pokémon world's equivalent of our taxonomical system, so, "raven" is probably their version of "corvus," likely derived from an older language. I realize that that's overly simplistic, but hey, it's...
  14. Esserise

Well, it was just an example. My point is, depending on the situation, some animals probably lend themselves more easily to being a Starter design basis than others. Personally, I wish we could have an objectmon for a Starter, but I doubt that'd ever happen.
  15. Esserise

I don't think I even understand what the purpose of Categories are. Especially the really vague ones, like classifying Electabuzz as the "Electric Pokémon," as if that wasn't already clear from both its design and its actual type. They feel very much like a relic of the early days, something...
  16. Esserise

And hell, even that's only in the remakes, right? I guess they do mention that he's more of an in-the-field researcher in comparison to Oak and Elm, which we do see for ourselves... albeit only twice (the Poochyena attack and at Route 110). (And then after that generation it becomes more...
  17. Esserise

Well, I never said there was anything "inherently wrong" with it, nor that this whole theory couldn't possibly be true. I'm just saying that it being a coincidence is also quite possible, and that I personally believe it's probably that. Probability is an interesting beast. You can say that...
  18. Esserise

Not saying it’s impossible, but to be fair, coincidences can get pretty wild. Kinda their whole deal is about defying events that we think have solid chances.
  19. Esserise

I just can’t really buy the idea that they’d consciously decide to design each Fire Starter after a zodiac animal and then also consciously choose to do a fox instead of an actual dog and then justify it with some taxonomical technicality. It’s like… who thinks like that? If it’s supposed to be...
  20. Esserise

It's all down to personal play style. No one can say that any given Totem (or boss or whatever else, really, at least in Pokémon) was objectively hard, because there's always going to be someone who made choices that rendered the challenge easy for them. Personally I think lots of the Totems are...
Back
Top Bottom