Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Man, these games just look really damn nice.
  2. Esserise

That's kinda what I'd assumed. I think Shota Kageyama (the game's main composer) tweeted a while back saying that he's been really busy with multiple projects, too, so maybe BDSP's stuff took longer to get fully put together compared to the promotional videos? Just a theory. At any rate, I...
  3. Esserise

Hey speaking of Cynthia's Togekiss, someone want to explain to me why she runs Hustle on it despite having no physical attacks? Rookie mistake there, C. :X3: (Opal's Togekiss in SwSh has the same deal, but coming from SwSh I get it since those games were baby level. But Platinum's the game that...
  4. Esserise

The official site says that the Fossils follow the same exclusivity pattern as the originals - Cranidos for Brilliant Diamond, Shieldon for Shining Pearl.
  5. Esserise

I will say that Volkner’s battle background looks pretty sick This feels like reading into things way too deep, and way too cynically. Like, people complained about Pokémon availability in DP for a decade, and now ILCA have done something big to fix it (literally acting upon that initial...
  6. Esserise

I mean you know it’s not just Masuda right? People went apopleptic over the forced Exp Share in this game just recently, but it’s in Arceus too. A lot of this stuff is things that Game Freak as a studio have clearly committed to, not just one guy. Besides, Gyms not having a single shared...
  7. Esserise

FWIW, Candice’s Abomasnow didn’t have Blizzard in DP or Platinum, but it does here, and that synergizes with its Snow Warning ability. So there may be more tweaks like that.
  8. Esserise

Also note Candice and Volkner’s aces being Abomasnow and Luxray rip Flint
  9. Esserise

I think it’s odd in the sense of “Why aren’t these outfits specifically just in the game regularly?”, but we’ve had early purchase bonuses for the last several games so there was of course going to be something along those lines for this release (I just figured it would be the Manaphy Egg on its...
  10. Esserise

Just to clarify, the Platinum outfits are not a pre-order bonus. They’re an “early purchase” bonus, meaning that they are available to everyone as a free Mystery Gift download until February 21, 2022.
  11. Esserise

For what I assume is the last trailer we’re likely to get before release, this was pretty sad. I didn’t exactly have high expectations, but this isn’t anything we didn’t already know to expect aside from the Platinum outfit, and even with that, it’s like… why didn’t they make it permanently...
  12. Esserise

This is true, but at the same time, I don’t think all kids necessarily go into a Pokémon game looking to be challenged. Like, I think a kid could play a more difficult game for the challenge and also play Pokémon for the fun adventure with cool/cute monsters, and enjoy both for those different...
  13. Esserise

We know there are a few more outfits than the ones we’ve seen listed in the shop menu (here’s evidence), but at the same time, I probably wouldn’t expect more than we saw in Let’s Go because it’s obviously just a small feature that they came up with to replace the Game Corner. Very likely it was...
  14. Esserise

I think the automatic Exp Share is something that Game Freak probably felt they were bringing up to standard, kind of like adding autosave, since like @colours said it’s something that most other party-based RPGs don’t even really think about; it just is that way and everyone accepts it. The...
  15. Esserise

It's a clothing shop now. (But thankfully they kept the Game Corner music!)
  16. Esserise

Another thing worth noting is that the original Great Marsh mechanics are back, as shown in this video:
  17. Esserise

You kind of answered your own question there: The point is to have a place to set down statues, which influence the types of stuff that appear in the Hideaways. Though I do feel like they should have renamed them to something else, like "Trophy Rooms." This. It's not a "Man, remember how fun...
  18. Esserise

As long as the TMs are renewable, I don’t really mind them being one-use. The shitty part of TMs in the old days was in only ever getting to teach Earthquake to a single Pokémon that wasn’t able to learn it naturally. As long as that’s not a problem, I actually kind of prefer breakability - it...
  19. Esserise

Yeah, but here’s the thing about that, in my head at least. Shiny Necrozma was distributed for a generation that was firmly in its dying days. The event initially ran from September to November 2019, so right on the cusp of SwSh’s release. Even assuming - and I’m not quite sure we should - that...
  20. Esserise

I'd say the first 493 are a given, but it probably won't be much more than that. Oddly, I almost feel like Megas have a slightly better chance than regional forms this time around. It was one thing, you know, for LGPE to include Alola's regional forms, because they were all strictly forms of...
Back
Top Bottom