Search results for query: *

1. FANG-TAN

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Maybe for four or five characters, but to do that constantly for hundreds of episodes is inhumanly possible. I remember back when I was a kid, when 4Kids was dubbing the anime. Every character that Liza Ortiz voiced sounded virtually the same. It was particularly bad during the Jouto seasons...
  2. FANG-TAN

Less paychecks to write.
  3. FANG-TAN

Honestly from what I've seen, I think both dubs are terrible, the 4Kids version (surprisingly) slightly less. At least they kept the damn movie music during the AG films. TPCi managed to surpass the devil. Jeez.
  4. FANG-TAN

That's a good question. Maybe the character merely just inspired the game? Though it's strange he's introduced as if he's Satoshi's third traveling companion and then just leaves after three episodes if that was the case.
  5. FANG-TAN

Given the purpose of the Rocket Gang trio was to have an audience appeal to the adults watching the show, it's safe to assume they're adults. No. That's the minimal age of consent allowed for setting laws. Pretty much all prefectures typically set their age of consent to 18 anyway. There are...
  6. FANG-TAN

A collection of teasers in question (through 2006, minus the very first movie one that keeps getting deleted off of YouTube for some reason): Back then, I thought that shot of Mewtwo in a cave was just going to be a cameo in the movie rather than a comeback. lol Interesting when looking back...
  7. FANG-TAN

October 2nd, 7 PM to 8:49 PM (Japanese time). :) It's free for all members. ;)
  8. FANG-TAN

I was away from the fandom during DP, so I had no idea western fans disliked Shokotan that much. I was surprised when I read that, because every other anime fandom really loves her to death. Pokemon fans. You are a strange bunch.
  9. FANG-TAN

So Sonansu wasn't in the movie... Shame, I was hoping for that, at least. At least Rocket Gang was in-character.
  10. FANG-TAN

Maybe. Though since the crux of that scene was Caterpie talking to Pikachu and daydreaming about flying as a Butterfree, we're going to have to assume that it didn't have much to do with the roundness of the moon. :P
  11. FANG-TAN

Caterpie and Pikachu didn't go through that, actually. Caterpie was talking about how it wanted to evolve into Butterfree. Japanese Nyaasu has a fascination with the moon's roundness, which got transerred to its copy apparently.
  12. FANG-TAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joQoJOya0gY Line of dialogue starts at 0:55.
  13. FANG-TAN

As a fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion and a seiyuu fanboy, I have to say that's a really nice parallel you made there.
  14. FANG-TAN

Well, regarding that: in the first movie, Satoshi's sacrifice and the Pokemon tears opened Mewtwo's eyes to the fact that the humans, Pokemon copies, and the natural Pokemon were all equal as living beings whether or not they're born or created, and didn't need to drive each other to near death...
  15. FANG-TAN

Dogasu, regarding your page on the Mewtwo Special, instead of linking to the TV Special's episode comparison, you linked to the first movie comparison instead. Just a heads up.
  16. FANG-TAN

The movie was planned to air in conjunction with the Mewtwo scenes that appeared in the anime (intended to be teasers), but those episodes got pushed back due to the seizure incident (causing those episodes to be shown a couple of months after the movie had already premiered, instead of before)...
  17. FANG-TAN

Seeing how horrible the dub of this movie is, he might as well. I personally wouldn't throw my money away for this pile of crap. It makes no sense for people who kept up with Naruto and even 4Kids' One Piece back in the day to really be bound by those morals. A good chunk of those people are...
  18. FANG-TAN

"Despite all this, there's a lot to like about the movie. As I mentioned earlier, Ichimura Masachika is amazing as Myuutwo and I'd probably go as far as saying that his performance here is probably my favorite out of the entire franchise. Yes, even more than the trio of voice actors who...
Back
Top Bottom