Search results for query: *

1. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Maybe, but it's one of the franchise's greatest moments.
  2. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I completely agree. The word "better" is, in itself, subjective when not objectively supported by criteria of scientific evaluation. Often, we evaluate the characters according to our personal criteria, preferences and perception so that there isn't only one truth, but different opinions...
  3. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Anything is possible, but I think you're going down to a fanfic route here. I barely do/did contests in the franchise games, but, as far as I know, the regular Ruby/Sapphire contests are, in OR/AS, called Contest Spectaculars. So, although the changes are more radical in the anime universe...
  4. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I have to vent here (I didn't intend to, but after repeatedly coming across the same issue...). I'm tired of reading people's complaints about Dawn's team not having any changes since the end of DP until her last appearance in Pokémon Journeys. Come on, while representing the passage of time...
  5. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Not sure, but I believe that initially the character was not so well received. In fact, she received a lot of backlash for replacing Misty, and to be fair, while May is a great character in her own right, she didn't have the same level of chemistry with Ash as Misty, or that Dawn would later...
  6. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

To be honest, when I was little, I kind of liked Brock's crush gag. I know that Brock is way over expositive, but somehow, in my inability to express and convey what I felt, I identified with the dilemma of the character's and his consecutive failures in the same field. However, this gag lasted...
  7. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

One cannot leave it to be puzzled why you put so much focus on criticizing May, and everything around her, so that, even when you expose your preferences in relation to anime, you feel the constant need to negatively compare the aforementioned character. Not that any character is irreproachable...
  8. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I have the impression that Alain's cameo was just to, more or less, satisfy the desired vendetta of some anime fans than to honor the character. In fact, one of the most risible reappearances ever witnessed.
  9. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I remember that, but, as I rarely watch the anime, I end up having a screw loose when it comes to the timeline. The episode in which Serena reappears seemed older to me than it is, and I thought it predates the opening of the charizard car. I, possibly half asleep, must have watched a video of...
  10. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

It looks like I was wrong, I just took a look at the opening on youtube and I didn't see any frames of the character. But I'm still somewhat incredulous that I could be so bluntly mistaken. My memory still recalls a promotional image of possible new reappearances of Serena and Dawn that did...
  11. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Well, if I'm not mistaken, in one of the openings/trailers of Journeys, the one in which the charizard's car appeared along with Ash and Goh traveling together with Leon, there were one or two scenes of Serena, possibly indicating more appearances of the character, a fact that did not happen, as...
  12. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Do you know what one is saying to the other in this 'little drawing'? Thanks in advance
  13. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

In fact, the dulled Ash dates back to the time of Pokémon X and Y. It was a common criticism, at the time, that the protagonist, despite maintaining the characteristics and quirks typical of the central character of the franchise, lacked soul and personality. The anime wanted to give Ash an air...
  14. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Honestly, I don't think the fact that Pokemon loses a battle or not during the league and fails to make Ash a champion adds much to the discussion of the overhype regarding Ash's Aces. I think this point is only relevant as far as the Kalos League and Greninja are concerned. Maybe, to a lesser...
  15. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I agree about Sceptile, because, if I'm not mistaken, it only reaches this evolutionary stage in the Battle Frontier. The grass starter had a lot of protagonism shared with Pikachu and Swellow in that generation, only at the end he emerged as a true ace. Charizard, on the other hand, was able...
  16. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I didn't watch the episodes, but of what I heard, the Ash vs Steven Battle was dull and quite anticlimactic. Could it be wrong? I don't exactly disagree with the above said, but what generation didn't have its favoritism towards some of Ash's Pokémon? Surely Sinnoh would be no different. In...
  17. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I somewhat disagree with the above said. The first big difference I see is that, usually, in Pokémon Championships, there are a bunch of random and non-relevant people that the characters will battle against. Afterwards, in most leagues, there was no certainty how far Ash and his opponents...
  18. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I imagine you are totally wrong. First, Dawn wasn't the only one to appear in BW, since she was accompanied by Cynthia, which makes sense since, according to the games, the champion spends her vacation in the region. In addition, when talking to Cilan, Dawn mentions Brock and explains his...
  19. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Maybe, but you can't say she was a major rival, right? Unless I'm mistaken she appears in only three or four episodes, and the only fight between her and Ash, as far as I can remember, is the one that Ash's Charizard disdains her Chicorita. Cassey was a great character, though. Honestly, we need...
  20. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

- Not much, since I haven't seen most of BW. Yet, apparently, she met the same end. That is, she did not prove to be a pivotal rival until the end of the saga.
Back
Top Bottom