Search results for query: *

1. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

The problem with the OG trio was that Brock and Misty didn't really have goals to work towards. They just kind of were there for most of the time, leaving Ash to do most of the important stuff and leaving many episodes that didn't focus on him to become meaningless filler, especially in Johto.
  2. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Ash can be both childish and a bit mature without being snarky.
  3. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Savage OS Ash was fun, but I think it's good he's matured as a person and moved past those kinds of remarks.
  4. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I once read a comment on YouTube (I think, can't remember) regarding Serena in some way, probably wanting her to come back. I responded to that comment that AmourShipping isn't all there is to Serena's character. The response to my response was something along the lines of "Yes, but it's a big...
  5. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

It survived plenty of hits in the battle with Sawyer.
  6. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Ash doesn't need his old reliables to be strong. If anything, him raising a new team every time shows how well he can train his Pokémon.
  7. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I personally don't mind how many Legendary Pokémon have been caught during Journeys. I think the anime has moved past the point of depicting them as these elusive things that are practically impossible to catch and train. You could maybe call it anime's equivalent of a power creep. On the...
  8. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

It's true that Melmetal is a Mythical Pokémon, but UBs are not Legendary, and he never officially owned Solgaleo, despite what the fantasy scene in JN132 might imply.
  9. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

At least he got an indirect mention in one episode where Ash mentioned that Darkrai is strong in battle.
  10. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I admit, the parts after DP are more speculative. But Ash's character arc from OS to DP is still there.
  11. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Blame that for XY's lack of continuity. Aside from the return of Steven (with Ash not even actually acknowledging having met him before), the only reference to a past series that I can recall from XY was Ash referencing Dawn's Piplup in one episode. And that's it. IIRC, the staff admitted they...
  12. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

There are definitely signs of inter-series character development for Ash. Especially from OS to DP.
  13. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

For reference: my posts were based on this video summarizing Ash's character development. This PokéTuber once spent a full year rewatching every single episode of the Pokémon anime.
  14. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Like I said earlier, in Kalos, he got a bit of a tunnel vision and needed to learn to broaden his views again. He focused too much on learning a single method to win that he temporarily forgot he could try out other strategies too.
  15. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Ash trying to copy Tierno's dance battle style was an arc that taught him the lesson that there are many different ways to win.
  16. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I don't think I listed it under SM. And I meant that Ash was too focused on winning in a certain way, blinding him to other ways of achieving victory. And you could say that broadened his views in general.
  17. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I agree with all of this. Basically what I meant in a more condensed way. But in XY, he was also too focused on winning at certain points. Like when Sawyer got more Badges than him, and Ash was so focused on besting him that during his battle with Wulfric, Ash kept focusing more on Sawyer and...
  18. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

When Sawyer got ahead of Ash in terms of Badges, Ash was too focused on besting him, which cost him his first battle against Wulfric. The following episode made Ash realize what he had done wrong. That's why he took the League loss so well. In addition, Ash was also too focused on activating...
  19. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Each series has contributed to Ash's character development in some way. OS: Learning the basics and winning through skill rather than luck. AG → DP: Becoming less arrogant of his own skills and learning to accept from others. DP → BW: No direct transition between regions, unlike before, so he...
  20. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I disagree. The argument applies to Ash's League opponents and Gym Leaders (or kahunas in Alola). Cress and Maylene are really the only exceptions.
Back
Top Bottom