Search results for query: *

1. Gabo2oo

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

This is very minor and trivial, but I was reading the Passimian review and Dogasu mentioned the most complex edit TPCI has done was probably translating a signpost in the first DP episode. It got me thinking, and I believe the most complex one was replacing the background with the Best Wishes...
  2. Gabo2oo

Well we only have the trailer for reference yet they already straight-up said a couple of swear words in the the Spanish dub, at the very least.
  3. Gabo2oo

Hm. I honestly don't see much difference. "For a while" is vague and "see you soon" is a stock farewell dialogue that never means anything. What really makes the difference here is "we'll be back as soon as [we finish our errand / we get Oak's Pokéball]. It's just pretty direct and deceiving...
  4. Gabo2oo

People always get pissed off when someone touches one of their beloved local figures. I remember when Juan Perón was mentioned on The Simpsons and the Argentinians were so angry Fox had to skip the episode.
  5. Gabo2oo

That music is actually used during several chasing scenes in the anime, if I recall correctly. You interpret it as just "funny" music but in my opinion, it gives a sense of urgency, if not a serious one. I guess the Japanese BGM is supposed to be focused on the "let's get outta here" aspect of...
  6. Gabo2oo

Steven Universe changed its opening, musically and visually, starting from episode 6 of season 2. Though it could be argued it's an "update" rather than an entirely new intro. Adventure Time also changed the opening midway through season 7 during the "Stakes" mini-series, but then again, it...
  7. Gabo2oo

Fan backlash aside, I honestly believe there may be some internal conflict about wether keeping the TRio or not. Unlike most other characters, I doubt abandoning them at the end of a series would be an easy, unanimous agreement between whoever are in charge of that stuff.
  8. Gabo2oo

I get the feel Dogasu has been fearing the TRio getting axed every single day ever since Operation Tempest.
  9. Gabo2oo

TPCI's Team Rocket comes off as completely detached from the real world at times. It's like they've deluded themselves into thinking they live in a scripted musical of sorts.
  10. Gabo2oo

Nice to see the Nyarth balloon not being completely forgotten yet.
  11. Gabo2oo

Weird, I've always got the impression they're overprotective, and not very strict. Hence the "problem child" stereotype being more prominent in (and associated with) North American culture.
  12. Gabo2oo

Wow, to think most people believe 700 is the amount of children that got sent to the hospital...
  13. Gabo2oo

I haven't, but there's a weird thing going on in my (non-official) Latin American copy of the episode. The audio weirdly cuts off both times before each cut. The first time it's the Viridian City theme appearing out of nowhere with no lead-in, so it sounds as if the cut was made after the...
  14. Gabo2oo

Being "no opponent" (or "no rival") for someone is akin to saying "no match" in English so that was actually a decent translation. Brock's line, however... ugh. Though the sentiment is the same as the English dub: Brock couldn't care less about Ash at that moment.
  15. Gabo2oo

Come to think of it, I never had any tazos myself. I don't even recall seeing them when I was a kid. It almost feels like an IRL retcon: everyone around my age claims they used to collect them back in the day, and a friend even gave me his(...ses?) some time ago. One of them is a Pichu so I...
  16. Gabo2oo

Oh my god they were EVERYWHERE! You used to get at least one per every bag of Lay's potato chips you bought, plus a lot of other similar products. You mention the late 90s / early 00s to anyone in their 20s around here and collecting Pokémon tazos at school is pretty much the first thing that...
  17. Gabo2oo

After this release, all XY opening themes would have been officially sung by Rica Matsumoto in some form. Nice. I mean, even my grandma could make a creditless version of that in a couple of minutes
  18. Gabo2oo

Yeah, having a different voice doesn't affect much the actual canon IMO. Though his circumstances are somewhat unique, he isn't the first nor last Pokémon character to be recast. For the record, he actually kept his AG voice actor in the English dub. Also in the Latin American dub too, somehow...
  19. Gabo2oo

Consider in-universe, Steven wasn't the Champion back when he met Ash in Hoenn, since it was later revealed Wallace held that title. So all in all, he was pretty much just a Trainer back then from all we got to know, and to Ash, he was just one of many many people he met throughout his...
  20. Gabo2oo

It makes a lot of sense to me. The side story episodes from Pokémon Hoso are considered a different show (they aired at a different timeslot too), while the specials from DP onwards, even if it seems weird, have always been treated as regular episodes in Japan.
Back
Top Bottom