Search results for query: *

1. Garren

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Yep, it's the Adam Sandler effect. Though personally I like the real-world inspiration myself and think it really did help some movies feel more authentic like Lati@s and Deoxys, which have two of the nicest looking cities in the franchise.
  2. Garren

I remember hearing the T-Rex thing in the past too, though not as solid as how you explained it... By the way, so drug abuse in Japan is a huge no-no as we learned with the girl who narrated Pichu and Pichu, but what about adultery? Just read that "Becky", a popular Japanese actress who I...
  3. Garren

I was reading through your Latias and Latios summary to refresh myself on what was changed for that dub (I recall the horrid visual issues), and noticed you said it was your favorite of the original 5---I certainly enjoyed it, and it holds a place in my heart as the first Japanese Pokemon film I...
  4. Garren

Now that you mention it I've never seen a stoner joke in any Japanese anime, manga, or game.
  5. Garren

So...Movie 3 was going to be the ending of Jurassic Park 2, basically? As cool as that would've been, I actually think Movie 3 turned out really nice so I think this is an example of how executive intervention isn't always a bad thing. Though I do get his point about the mother ruining things...
  6. Garren

I don't think "All Legendaries Ever!" has totally hit the peak and there's nowhere else to go. I know like the Kamen Rider series did the "EVERY RIDER EVER!" multiple movies, yet recently I feel they've been a bit better received because while still keeping that element to them in the Super...
  7. Garren

Always wondered why Pokemon is so devoid of image songs when it seems like every other anime on earth has them in droves.
  8. Garren

W-what? I don't really get why they do this. Is it costly to hire these dudes to pull off a Pokemon voice? Will anyone even realize it's them, or care. I just don't get what's the purpose of this that they seem to do it every new movie.
  9. Garren

Perhaps. I'm just thinking in the long-term, that it's probably a bit better that their competitor is on the same system... Maybe I'm going by my own experience as a kid, but everyone I knew who was into Pokemon naturally migrated and tried out all the other 'Mon games that came out like...
  10. Garren

Yeah, I've heard Yokai Watch's battle system isn't really deep (and won't have competitive legs like Pokemon), but I've heard the scenario is far better, and for me, that's something I prioritize honestly. I really want to play it and hope it's localized soon. As for it "killing Pokemon", I...
  11. Garren

I don't get this notion I've seen lately that GameFreak are disrespectful towards longtime fans?
  12. Garren

No kidding. He looks like he should be teaching Potions class and subtracting points from Gryffindor.
  13. Garren

It's always interesting to find out that, despite the common notion brought out by people who criticize the newer designs that Sugimori was solely responsible for the original 151, even Pokemon like Squirtle and Pikachu weren't done by him.
  14. Garren

This seems to suggest that, as expected, Red's character will probably be more or less similar to Ash (the usual "street smart, book dumb" Shonen protagonist) since the actress seems to specialize in them.
  15. Garren

I wonder if Pokemon would've been as popular if the encounter rate was as high as that book claims it originally was? I mean, even the current amount of encounters in, say, Chargestone Cave in BW is already a bit ridiculous. Then again, tons of classic old-school RPGs had pretty crazy and...
  16. Garren

I thought the dude with the Arcanine was supposed to be Ritchie. He didn't have one in the show, but that's who I thought of looking at him. Sooooo, Dogasu, what do you think of Mega Evolutions?
  17. Garren

And apparently now he's out of the voice business to take care of his kids after his wife died in child birth.
  18. Garren

My thoughts on your predictions, @Dogasu I don't know much about Japanese holidays and such, but I guess this is true. I'm wondering, since the U.S. release will be in October as well, do you think there's a chance the US might get it a few days before Japan, like how we get Mario and Zelda...
  19. Garren

Yeah, what's up with Japanese Blu-Ray Prices? Like, I'm looking forward to buying the (reportedly) unedited subbed/dubbed version of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Anime that's coming out in January on Blu-Ray, but they're apparently like 60$ for 4 30-minute episodes. Why? Is there some...
  20. Garren

That rabbit thing from Harmoknight would make a cool Electric Pokemon. I wonder if they plan on having any Harmoknight throw-backs in Gen VI? Would be cool, like how we had all the Pulseman stuff in Gen IV.
Back
Top Bottom