Search results for query: *

1. Gengarzilla

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Does anyone else think it's downright criminal that Toedscruel can't get Strength Sap? Synthesis I can understand it not having because this is a fungus rather than a plant, but for this Pokémon to not have Strength Sap is nuts. And it would have actually worked pretty well with how Mycelium...
  2. Gengarzilla

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan should, at most, have access to every kicking/punching move that has existed or will exist. Perhaps exceptions could be made for legendary or mythical signature moves like Thunderous Kick and Plasma Fists, but there's no justification around for not having things like...
  3. Gengarzilla

If we judged primarily on Japanese names, the Axew and Pawniard lines wouldn't have Guillotine because they lack pincers. Does that make sense? No, it'd be ridiculous. Maybe the inspirations behind Crawdawnt and Bisharp can't bark, but there's no reason why the Pokémon themselves couldn't make...
  4. Gengarzilla

Here's a more grey example. Nosepass should regain its access to Head Smash now that there's not one, but two legitimate donors for that move in Sudowoodo and Aegislash. I totally understand why they backpedalled on this for Gen V, but the reasoning back then doesn't apply anymore.
  5. Gengarzilla

And it can't learn Calm Mind either. Just why? We're talking about a ridiculously intelligent and analytical supercomputer-esque Pokémon with four freaking brains here. What reason could it possibly have to lack another staple Psychic move? Since I've been focusing on Metagross here recently...
  6. Gengarzilla

But they changed Sharpen's description to remove the mention of a polygon count in SM after Carbink, Bergmite, Avalugg, and Diancie got it. I could feasibly see this happen with Fiery Dance someday, to be fair. And even if the description still mentions wings, doesn't Glare's description still...
  7. Gengarzilla

You'd think Metagross would be able to learn Trick Room, right? Turns out that it can't. I just found this out right now when I was looking for a Pokémon in Super Mystery Dungeon who could learn both Trick Room (which flips all Travel Speed changes here) and Hammer Arm. I have to say that I...
  8. Gengarzilla

Yeah, I've always been a bit more partial to a Curse + Payback route anyway. Foul Play is nice and all, but... I dunno, I'm not 100% keen with relying on my opponent's Attack stat instead of something I can freely control. With moves like Gyro Ball and Electro Ball, my Pokémon's Speed does at...
  9. Gengarzilla

I haven't exactly committed most of these moves effects to memory, but doesn't the Water one have a HP draining effect like Giga Drain? That would be pretty cool for Vaporeon to throw around.
  10. Gengarzilla

I was getting a new Chansey grinding Pokémon ready for Ultra Moon when something about my chosen species genuinely threw me off. Mawile seriously can't learn Covet? A move that involves endearingly approaching the target is a no go for a Pokémon that fools foes with adorable gestures? Come on...
  11. Gengarzilla

Yeah, it's more a case of the move's translated name not matching as well with the Pokémon than the Japanese name. Forcing the sun to shine still doesn't fit but I could see Lunala preferring cloudless nights. ...With that in mind, why can't Lunatone learn Sunny Day?
  12. Gengarzilla

Normally I don't have a lot of beef with IVs. Call me a weirdo with way too much time on his hands but I actually like being able to combine all the best parts/genes/traits of both parents into one child and so on; I happen to find it an engaging exercise and do take some pride in a successful...
  13. Gengarzilla

It does, but only by tutoring. Why it isn't a level-up move is beyond me too. Ok, here's something that's seriously been annoying me in these last couple of days. It has nothing to do with a certain Pokémon but it's still move related, so what better place to spell it out? Hidden. Power. Why...
  14. Gengarzilla

This is a problem I do have with the Midday and Midnight forms. Dusk though... it gets Drill Run by tutoring and Tough Claws makes the move stronger than Earthquake, so I wouldn't really say it's something that form urgently needs. You're still right however, it definitely should get Earthquake...
  15. Gengarzilla

It does get Confusion from Smoochum's level up movepool, at least. Not like this changes anything though because that's a rather weak move.
  16. Gengarzilla

In fairness though, it was a special move at the time of creation. Electric type moves did fall on that side of the physical/special grouping. Nowadays... yeah.
  17. Gengarzilla

Absolutely agreed. There's Electric types like Luxray and Electivire who could do way better than simply Wild Charge. I never actually see a lot of Pikachu or Raichu put Volt Tackle to significant use anyway; most of the ones I've seen were Nasty Plot + Lightning Rod attackers. Even if I...
  18. Gengarzilla

Recently I was helping my sister put together a Coil Serperior set for her Super Mystery Dungeon team (which included a tipoff on Vine Whip's reach) and made a discovery in the process that honestly irks me now. Why, oh why, can't Serperior learn Power Whip? It's literally the perfect move for...
  19. Gengarzilla

Perhaps but I think that adds more weight behind getting Healing Wish, the move where the user takes itself out to heal another Pokémon. It reminds me of how Xerneas releases all its life energy to nearby beings before becoming a tree at the end of its life.
  20. Gengarzilla

Here's another idea: Xerneas with Recover and Healing Wish. Surely you would expect the Pokémon who can share life to heal itself or bring new life to a teammate? It even does the latter already with Heal Pulse. I dunno, it just bugs me that Yveltal, harbinger of death and destruction, gets a...
Back
Top Bottom